• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Plain Fiorinal Butibybal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craigerst

Greenlighter
I am new to this forum so I apologize in advance if my post is not appropriate. Does anyone know of a medication containing Butabytal other than Fiorinal or Fioicet? I am limited to a script of 60 Fiorinal per month. It usually lasts around 10 days. During the waits I find myself turning to street meds :(anything and everything to get me to the next script period. The mix (anything from Fentanyl to Dilaudid to K50 morphines to oxycodones to percs to T3s) and amount my tolerance level requires is now seriously effecting my health. I am terrified to lay it out on the table with Dr. for fear of getting my monthly script yanked. He has got me down to what he thinks are 2 per day from 6 per day. He is content with that. I cannot get Fiorinal off street. I am confident its the Butabytal my body requires. I could look for a off the street drug containing the butabytal if I could find a name for a alternate. I do not require the codeine that is a add on in some scripts.

Can anyone tell me a country that would possibly treat it as OTC. In Canada codeine containing meds are OTC. Has anyone else had experience with Fiorinal? Suggestions?

No, those are the only two medications - there are other names but the same combination of ingredients - that contain butalbital. Butalbital itself as a sedative/hypnotic has been discontinued. I seriously doubt it's otc anywhere considering it's a barbiturate and they are considered schedule ii/iii on the convention on psychotropic substances, which is a UN thing that most countries recognize. I take fioricet currently and these types of combinations is the only available butalbital product in the US. Other barbiturates, such as phenobarbital, which is very long acting and only schedule IV (unlike the other schedule II ones) , would substitute for the butalbital.

You confirmed what I thought. Are you sure butabytil is discontinued? There was a shortage2years ago but I am still subscribed Fiorinol. It gets filled month to month no issues.

You confirmed what I thought. Are you sure butabytil is discontinued? There was a shortage2years ago but I am still subscribed Fiorinol. It gets filled month to month no issues.

I think I misread you. I never knew butabyl.
Was available alone. R

You mentioned phenobarbitolm as a possible sub or equal. My research ( I have no real education just the net ) makes the 2 sound so far apart. I get euphoria and pain relief from the Fiorinol. Every description I briefly looked up showed it as a possible sub. I can only really look at side effects yada yada. Is it correct assuming your looking it from a "chemistry" equal. Unfortunateyl I simply cannot look at it by this. Its far too complicated for me to understand. I will continue my "research" if you could even call the way I have to "research" it "research" There is nothing else in Fiorinal that I can identify as what works other than Caffeine which surely is not giving me what I require as far as I can tell.

I meant it as the only other prescription barbiturate available really that you'd be able to find or get a prescription for. The two work the same way, so they would be cross tolerant. Are you looking for another barbiturate or just something that will give you similar effects? Phenobarbital and butalbital are both barbiturates so they have a similar range of effects, just different duration of actions, approved uses, etc. Phenobarb is long acting and takes longer to kick in, whilst butalbital is shorter to kick in and has an intermediate length of action.

Last edited:
Had found some Fioricet from a roommate, one they were gone I realized How significant it would be to never see then again. Get a Benzo strong anxiety like ativan or xanax hope for similarity

Come on man, this is essentially a double post. Please refrain from such practices in the future. There's an identical thread over in Other Drugs, so if anyone is interested in furthering the discussion about OP's situation, please refer to that forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.