• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Harm Reduction Place to live & use safely / comfortably?

GeckoJ

Greenlighter
I’m going to use, so I would rather do it as safely & comfortably as possible… Finding that place falls into harm reduction, imo… I am not here looking for a source, but rather a place to move…

*** it took me 20 years to get my record wiped clean & I would rather be in an area where the probability is less that I’ll get a strike again… talking personal use of cannabis, cocaine, occasionally opiates, and maybe a few psychedelics… currently on cannabis & tons of prescription drugs legally… ready to make a move & do what I’ve been missing…

main concerns are…

1) affordability in cost of living
2) lax / decriminalized drugs for personal use…
3) legal cannabis is a big plus!
4) known for decent / good quality of the aforementioned drugs… Better quality hopefully means less risk of harmful adulterants
5) not having 3 ft of snow in winter is a plus!
6) outside activities to do for fun locally… hiking, fishing, etc…

So far, here is a tentative list w/ my pros & cons

A) Houston or Dallas - pros = decent cost of living, maybe overall decent dope being close to border, lots to do… cons = hot & muggy, cannabis not legal, harsh on drug violations
B) Atlanta - pros = lot of activities, major hub so quality should be decent, decent seasons… cons = expensive col, cannabis legal by card only
C) Pheonix - pros = legal cannabis, close to border so dope should be decent, lots to do if it’s not 110 degrees… cons = hot!, expensive col
D) Eugene / Portland - pros = legal cannabis, decriminalized drugs for personal use!, lots of outdoor activities… cons = expensive col, majority of reviews on living there are negative, fire / pollen season will tear up allergies, reviews make them seemed overrun by homeless & crime?
E) central Florida - pros = live here & have medical cannabis card, I suspect dope is decent but haven’t used since living here … cons = ex wife & in-laws live here, hot & muggy!, harsh on drug cases

I’m open to thoughts & suggestions!!! I’m looking to explore & make a move in next couple of months… I’m trying to make the safest & most comfortable one I can…

Pretty much PNW hands down.. Oregon definitely.

1. Oregon is more than Eugene or Portland, you could live out in the eastern part where it’s more affordable. Just note, it’s redneck as fuck out there but remote nature at your fingertips.

2. Got it.

3. Def got it. Some of the best legal cannabis in the country too. WA sucks in comparison.

4. You know decent quality but I’ve seen better. IMO certain parts of the Midwest can’t be beat for quality. German heritage and all, chemistry and perfection run hand n hand with those folks.

5. This is where you don’t want Midwest lol. You still get tons of snow in Oregon but it’s restrained to the mountains. Makes traveling through them tough at times but you don’t have to live in it.

6. And this is why I miss it out there and look forward to traveling back soon. Some of the prettiest mountain landscapes.

-GC

Yeah, I would pretty much suggest OR, that's the place that's gonna dot all the t's on your list.

That said, I don't have any personal experience with living there I've only visited, but as far as places I have lived before that aren't as harsh on drug cases, it would be MD. Used to be dope capital, it really still is, used to have some of the best dope in the world but sadly now it's all fentanyl, or worse. Anywhere on the East Coast is likely to be like this.

That said, cost of living (rent anyways), at least around Baltimore, and in the western part of the state, is not terrible. Cigs are expensive and other shit is expensive though. Winters are mild. Plenty of fun shit to do. Cannabis isn't legal but it's medical and you basically just have to pay the fee and whatever to see a doctor and you'll get a card.

Don't let the bad rep of Baltimore scare you, it really is a beautiful state, and I lived in the city of Baltimore for a while it really ain't that bad, a lot of the cities you listed are just as bad.

Central + Western Maryland are both really beautiful, I could definitely recommend at least visiting one day.

Columbia seems like the best option on earth ive researched this issue pretty heavy in the context of getting access to pharma opioids legally for chronic pain.

But Columbia everything else is there too (meaning the more "recreational" drugs like coke and mdma, acid).

The country isn't 3rd worldy either. Lots of money in nice areas and very affordable cost of living, housing and medical treatment that is decent quality for being so affordable

Last edited:
Columbia seems like the best option on earth ive researched this issue pretty heavy in the context of getting access to pharma opioids legally for chronic pain.

But Columbia everything else is there too (meaning the more "recreational" drugs like coke and mdma, acid).

The country isn't 3rd worldy either. Lots of money in nice areas and very affordable cost of living, housing and medical treatment that is decent quality for being so affordable
Colombia*

Both 🇨🇴 Colombia and 🇵🇪 Perú are good if you wanna get high, relatively low cost of living, beautiful women(especially colombia). They're pretty similar but Perú has the best food in the world, hands down.

Both 🇨🇴 Colombia and 🇵🇪 Perú are good if you wanna get high, relatively low cost of living, beautiful women(especially colombia). They're pretty similar but Perú has the best food in the world, hands down.

Like in Oregon in the US possession for personal use is decriminalized (it's legal basically with no arrest or bad legal consequences)...

Apparently drugs are also decriminalized in colombia. I guess it's allowed then?

But the drugs in the US at street level are absolute garbage at high prices for hundreds of USD for just a day or three to sustain a normal addict. A mixture of fentanyl and meth at best. If you're really lucky your fentanyl will not have meth in it. It's a sad situation.

Last edited:
Like in Oregon in the US possession for personal use is decriminalized (it's legal basically with no arrest or bad legal consequences)...

Apparently drugs are also decriminalized in colombia. I guess it's allowed then?

But the drugs in the US at street level are absolute garbage at high prices for hundreds of USD for just a day or three to sustain a normal addict. A mixture of fentanyl and meth at best. If you're really lucky your fentanyl will not have meth in it. It's a sad situation.
If u got good contacts, you get good pharma stuff for a relatively cheap price. I've never ever gotten adulterared stuff in 10 years. Not even once.

I live in Portland, have never encountered fentanyl in meth, 2 zips per month, my cost $240 total. no comedowns, no depression, I get super high a few times a month, comfortably high the rest of the time, . , sleep and eat, work 3 days a week, can function in "normal" society when super high. There is an organization that will test your drugs for free in the interest of harm reduction, primarily. Sad situation? I don't feel sad, I feel grateful for my living situation. And the state of Oregon has yet to figure out how to effectively regulate the cannabis industry, consequently theer is far too much pot grown legally here. Bad for growers, bad for wholesalers, bad for retailers, but awesome for consumers. Lowest weed prices in the USA, top shelf flower is $4 a gram. I spend less than $300 a month for high quality ice and top shelf weed. I guess I'm too simple minded to realize this is a sad situation.

https://apnews.com/article/cannabis...n-washington-ae7880387eee7dbfcfecaff563d0b211 "In Oregon, where sales began in 2015, large growers have achieved some economy of scale that could give them a leg up in a broader market. But in the meantime, the state’s oversupply is considered the nation’s worst.

In February, the Oregon Liquor and Cannabis Commission reported marijuana businesses were sitting on about 3 million pounds (1.36 million kilograms) of unused cannabis, as well as 75,000 pounds (34,000 kilograms) of concentrates and extracts."

I live in Portland, have never encountered fentanyl in meth, 2 zips per month, my cost $240 total. no comedowns, no depression, I get super high a few times a month, comfortably high the rest of the time, . , sleep and eat, work 3 days a week, can function in "normal" society when super high. There is an organization that will test your drugs for free in the interest of harm reduction, primarily. Sad situation? I don't feel sad, I feel grateful for my living situation. And the state of Oregon has yet to figure out how to effectively regulate the cannabis industry, consequently theer is far too much pot grown legally here. Bad for growers, bad for wholesalers, bad for retailers, but awesome for consumers. Lowest weed prices in the USA, top shelf flower is $4 a gram. I spend less than $300 a month for high quality ice and top shelf weed. I guess I'm too simple minded to realize this is a sad situation.

https://apnews.com/article/cannabis...n-washington-ae7880387eee7dbfcfecaff563d0b211 "In Oregon, where sales began in 2015, large growers have achieved some economy of scale that could give them a leg up in a broader market. But in the meantime, the state’s oversupply is considered the nation’s worst.

In February, the Oregon Liquor and Cannabis Commission reported marijuana businesses were sitting on about 3 million pounds (1.36 million kilograms) of unused cannabis, as well as 75,000 pounds (34,000 kilograms) of concentrates and extracts."
I’m glad you’re grateful for clandestinely produced fentanyl that doesn’t have meth in it.

I’d be grateful if pharma oxy 30s were still prescribed to people that need or even want them.

I don’t know if you’re new to the drug game or just a fan of the two hour shallow fentanyl high that kills you if the guy at the trap house didn’t homogenize it… but I like things better how they were in 2005: easy to acquire and legal pharma QCed oxy 30s .

I would like to note that oversupply issue has long since been resolved. Around 2020 once the pandemic hit and everyone was stuck inside smoking weed. I remember the prices literally doubling, and when it was over they only dropped by like 30%.

OR is still probably one of the best though for legal cannabis.

-GC

Ruigoord (Amsterdam North) is a great place to stay. I don't know about the housing availability, but it's a great place for both older and younger stoners and druggies. You can go stay at a real house, or you can build your own place at the Dutch Acid Family. However, there are frequent parties, markets, festivals and raves happening in the courtyard, if that's a turn-off for you (or another reason to go). Anyway, you're always welcome to come and go as you please. Very cozy little community. Maybe I'll see you there!