• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Piracetam for BiPolar and other mental illness -- Miracle Cure?

colors said:
i think we've all done enough drugs to be able to differentiate placebo from something worth spending a bit of money on.

so very true. definitely NOT placebo

when i took it, i found myself feeling pretty similar to how I feelon adrafinil or modafinil and caffeine together, but perhaps a tad more strung out. I found that I could only use low doses of piracetam, and that it would get me strung out if I used too much, especially in combination wih alcohol - worse was a combination with alcohol and centrophenoxine. So I kinda stopped using it... never built any tolerance and never used it for more than few days in a row. But I haven't written it off and I might well go back to it. But for now, modafinil seems to work really well for me. Super drug, as long as there is a top-up in case it wears off and one needs to keep being out there with people... because the headaches I get off coming off too high doses aren't pleasant... again, especially in combination with alcohol.

Jamshyd said:
One thing to note, there is a 'racetam drug (forgot which, marketted is "Keppra") is actually indicated for epilepsy and therefore it can probably work the same way for bipolar (since most epilepsy drugs are also rxed or bipolar).

'trileptal' (oxcarbazepine) works quite well for me.

I'm very interested in piracetam. I have alot of issues with my memory and what not, so i started investigating, but I learned it can have interactions with blood thinners. Apparently it is actually being studied as a compliment or substitution for warfarin, so if you are like me and are taking warfarin or other blood thinners talk to your doctor before you use it.

That's interesting you mention the comparison between Piracetam and Modafinil / Adrafinil , Ximot .

I only recently had opportunities to sample both Modafinil and Adrafinil, I'd guess about 4 tries each. I found both of these to be far more stimulating than Piracetam, with much greater side effects (diarrhea being the best part of Adrafinil) and overall these felt much more of a "drug".

Piracetam feels like natural energy, focus, and cognitive enhancement to me.

I just (read: 2 days) started taking piracetam and I've noticed effects, urge to learn mostly, vivid dreaming as well.

On an unrelated note, as I don't have much to say on the topic :\, the pronunciation of piracetam bothered me for a while and I assumed others would like to know officially. It's pi-rass-ih-tam.

ok, pramiracetam is expensive shit, do they have bluk powder anywhere? i asked the great gods of google and they dont know :/

Wow, I've never even been able to find pramiractam, much less bulk.

some guy on some mesage board on some site claimed to be able to get bulk from another country, but that it wasnt bulk in grams, it was bulk in kilos. wanna talk about expensive! him and a bunch of his buddies were trying to get people to throw down online-- dont know how that would fly
"so ah, whos house does it get shipped to"

Xorkoth, did you notice enhancement of 2c-t-2's effects while taking piracetam? if so how much would you lower the dosage by?

I read through this entire thread and I might have to try this! I feel that my associative memory isn't working as well as it used to :'[ I'd love to have that wit and creativity back fully.

Severe Bipolar I here. I've tried so many medications in vain that my opportunities for finding the right one(s) are rapidly dwindling. There is a lot of interesting anecdotal evidence here but I personally don't find the accessible information to be adequate enough to make a completely solid solution.

I'm gonna run this by my father, he's a MD and will probably have the resources at hand to find out if this is the case or at least a possibility. I'll also mention it to my psychiatrist of 5 years - he doesn't give a shit about big pharma especially after exhausting all their options and witnessing how dire my situation is. I'll see if I can find out more about this.

There is a lot of interesting anecdotal evidence here but I personally don't find the accessible information to be adequate enough to make a completely solid solution.

That's an understatement to say the least. :)

I too am very interested in piracetam, but am worried about long term performance and side effects.

PS: I'd love to hear from some of the original posters of this thread with an update. Has your opinion of the effects changed so far? Are you still taking it? Same dosage/frequency?

Doesn't seem to interfere with or affect sex at all. Unless in the sense that it happens to make you feel better in your daily life, as feeling better tends to correlate to better sex drive and ability.