• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Pinene, Natural Inhaler

G_Chem

Moderator: OD
Staff member
I grew up as a kid with horrible asthma, every year at certain times the allergens in the air would constrict my airways. A couple times (one in particular) I nearly died from not being able to get to my inhaler in time. I had to be dragged out with my face turning colors.

Once I began smoking cannabis my asthma pretty much completely disappeared. But I still occasionally get breathing issues, especially now that I’m trying to re-adjust to a certain area.

I’ve found that among other positive benefits, cannabis high in pinene (detectable via smell when you take a whiff) is amazing at opening up the airways. I’ve been having trouble lately then started picking up strains I could actually smell the pinene in, Fire OG being one. Soon as I take a hit my airways open and I can cough out any nasty phlegm.

On top of that, I find cannabis high in pinene often is a bit more stimulating for me, allows me to get high and do my shit if you know what I mean.

Maybe this is also why people say breathing fresh conifer laden air often has this beneficial effect like one is able to breath better? The pinene wafting through the air opening up the lungs to breath easier.

Article showing it’s “anti-allergic” properties. Other articles online also report pinene being great for asthma.

-GC

I have a similiar experience in that when its very cold outside and i ride my bike or exercise my airways somewhat feel like they burn and then its harder to breath but if ive had some vape hits , its a lot less noticeable and i find myself out of breath less often

Ran out of weed with pinene last night and had the usual hacking I’ve had since chemo. Then asked my wife if she had pine oil, we put some in this bubbler/diffuser thing and within minutes I was breathing easier. This shit really works.

-GC

I've heard that inhaling burning cannabis was used for asthma in the past, like traditional medicine but I didn't know what the chemical involved was. Is pinene a bronchial dilator?