• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Pimple-like bump from IV heroin

unsui

Bluelighter
so i registered in a vein (and made sure i was still registered halfway thru the shot) and had to shoot with the needle a little bit out of my vein to avoid poking thru it, and i managed to balance the needle well enough to finish the whole shot without slipping up and poking thru. however, as soon as i finished the shot this little bump that almost looks like a pimple immediately formed right where the injection site is. it is black/blue with a little white center that raises from the surface of my skin. i'm just wondering if this is at all common because i've never had an injection site look like this after a shot before. however, i did buy a brand new pack of rigs in which i've never used the brand before (EasyTouch), and i also had missed in the same arm 3-5 days ago about 2 inches above where i just shot now - my arm appeared to be healed from the missed shot before i did this shot though. my arm does not hurt though, so i don't believe i missed at all. it does kind of look like i missed though...8)

could this be the brand of needles i just bought?

I use easytouch syringes as well and they're decent for the job, so I don't think that's your issue. I think you may have just bruised yourself when injecting and the spot might be slightly swollen from a histamine reaction or from missing part of your shot. Since it's so small, it'd be that you missed a very small part of your shot, but it's definitely a possibility.

I wouldn't worry too much unless it becomes painful or gets worse. Just keep an eye on it over the next few days and see what happens.

Hey,

I've gotten this too, but I'd bruised the vein just a little bit; I highly recommend keeping a firm eye on it as well until it resolves itself (always good advice), especially because there's white in the middle which I found strange.

Were you shooting tar or powdered heroin?

Good luck!! :)

~ vaya

Last edited:
black tar unfortunately... now it's just a circle of black and blue with like 3 lil spots and it's red. i'll keep an eye on it. the bump has gone down which is good! i've just heard things like getting blood poisoning (i forgot what it's called) and i got freaked since it looks like just a ring of blood sitting under my injection site.

It could be a little abscess in the middle of a bruise. The white would be the puss inside of it just like a pimple.

i was thinking of trying heroin i have done everything else so i figure why not but i was wondering what the after affects are like.

also i jst got an acount and i realise this will probly sounds relly stupid but how dp you make a new post?

It could be a histamine reaction but that shouldn't last very long at all.

He posted 4 hours after the initial post that

now it's just a circle of black and blue with like 3 lil spots and it's red.

IME a histamine rx shouldnt still present itself as black and blue with spots after four hours had subsided. Could I be wrong though? Sounds worrisome to me... :\ In fact, I didn't think a purely histamine rx could turn anything but reddish/pink. Am I just misinformed, CH?

~ vaya

Last edited:
He posted 4 hours after the initial post that

IME a histamine rx shouldnt still present itself as black and blue with spots after four hours had subsided. Could I be wrong though? Sounds worrisome to me... :\ In fact, I didn't think a purely histamine rx could turn anything but reddish/pink. Am I just misinformed, CH?

~ vaya

I think you are correct vaya, the discoloration is probably not just a histamine reaction if it's even that at all. I'm not sure why there would be spots, though a bruise could account for the black/blue.

The OP should probably seek medical assistance if it doesn't go away within another 12 hours (after his last post) tops. At least, that's the best idea IMO. This IV complication certainly sounds unique.

Sounds too me like you may have missed a little of the shot...I would monitor it for a few days and if it gets worse...go to the E.R....i posted a thread about this a few months ago and ended up going to the E.R. because of a missed shot and got a little infection..They gave me some antibiotics and it cleared up within a few days

everytime i ask about an IV complication you guys say go to the ER. i'll just keep an eye on it, although i don't see it going away within 12 hours at all. i didn't mean to emphasize the spots, as they just look like they're apart of the black and blue (although it's more purple now)"bruise"...doesn't hurt really, but it just looks like there's blood sitting underneath my skin and appears to be forming around my vein (it's a pretty small amount of discoloring, whatever it may be).

I know this thread is very old but I had the same thing happen a few times recently and figured I would check it out. I did the shot fine with no complications, checked midway through and had also cleaned the area with alcohol prior to and a bit after. There is no discoloration just a tiny pimple like spot at the injection site, where the needle penetrated. Like I said it's happened before without any further complications and figured I would look for feedback... TIA