• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Physical Withdrawal from Marijuana??!!!

dwagner0402

Greenlighter
I have smoked MJ for..... well..... a long, long time. And anyways, when I have to go more than a few days without, I do experience some mental withdrawal to a very small degree, but really absolutely no physical withdrawal. And I have yet to meet anyone that really has experienced a real physical withdrawal from cannabis. Any one?

The only difference I have noticed since stopping, is my dreams are more vivid. Nothing else has changed too much. I've never known anyone to experience any "withdrawal" from herb

i dont remember ever getting any physical withdrawal symptoms throughout the many times ive ceased pot binges.

Well, to be honest, I am doing some research for a podcast on iTunes about addiction, and of course all of the NA and AA Flag Wavers seem to believe otherwise. I need to find links to studies on this, if they even exist. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I am also always looking for guests.!

Loss of appetite, insomnia, anxiety and panic attacks are some of the symptoms I've experienced when I stop vaping.

yeah when i was younger and used to smoke all day every day i got physical withdrawal, headache, stomach ache, loss of appetite, anxiety, insomnia, restlessness and depression

Kind of what I was leaning towards, everybody is different. Some experience withdrawal from the green herb, and some do not. I wonder if this goes for other drugs as well? Anyone?

dissociatives have no withdrawals ime, unless you consider faux mental anxiety from wanting to take it. come to think of it, the only true withdrawal symptoms ive ever had were from caffeine, and various downers.

- Problems with falling asleep + night sweats and chills (I do avoid this with vigorous exercise)
- Fatigue
- Brain fog, strange vision
- More noticable anxiety and depression (with the touch of pride for success)
- Few strong headaches.

Things do resolve over time (some sooner, some later). IMHO more times you quit, the easier it gets. It changes your mindset from being a neccessity or a best friend to being something you can do or don't. Maybe it doesn't work the same for everybody but I get a better person when I don't smoke. More in touch with myself, more emotional and more self-controlled. With time, of course.

Well, to be honest, I am doing some research for a podcast on iTunes about addiction, and of course all of the NA and AA Flag Wavers seem to believe otherwise. I need to find links to studies on this, if they even exist. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I am also always looking for guests.!

Back when I attended meetings regularly (did so for a couple years, went to large conventions, the works), I never ran into anyone that thought marijuana withdrawal was a thing. Honestly, marijuana barely ever came up at all.

I can say for certain, for me, I had mental withdrawals from stoping marijuana after smoking for over a decade.. docs told me it’s possible but rare, back in 2000.. Granted it was in a smaller city so I’m not sure if they experienced this much but now I hear from studies that it’s very much a thing.. Did my receptors misfire due to lack of a substance I consumed for a long time, therefore, causing mental withdrawals?? I don’t know but it made sense for me.

When I smoked all day/every day in college I had withdrawals when I stopped. They were minor and barely impacted my life.They also went away quickly, maybe 5 days before being completely back to normal. It mostly consisted of problems with sleep/appetite and feeling "off." Certainly not anything like opiate or benzo withdrawal.

And after smoking JWH for a while these same withdrawal symptoms occurred with much greater intensity.Leads me to believe there is definitely withdrawal from cannabis although it's unlikely to get much worse than I experience.

I get pissed off easily
Insomnia
Barely eat

^All of this. I lose weight, drop to ~4 hours of sleep a night, and act like I am going through roid rage. Obviously not as bad as harder drugs but obviously not non-existent either.

I recall Thinking i was unable to deal with out Weed..... Then i Decided id smoke Ice(Crystal Meth) for the first time ..... well that was 14 Months ago and i dont need weed to function i need Ice to Function at all... i smoked a Gram of weed for 10 Days..... and went full on dumbass each time i did. Point here being you are not having physical withdraws from THC, Its 100% in your head.

I recall Thinking i was unable to deal with out Weed..... Then i Decided id smoke Ice(Crystal Meth) for the first time ..... well that was 14 Months ago and i dont need weed to function i need Ice to Function at all... i smoked a Gram of weed for 10 Days..... and went full on dumbass each time i did. Point here being you are not having physical withdraws from THC, Its 100% in your head.

Telling people in physical pain that "you are not having physical withdrawals, it is 100% in your head" is a surefire way of making suiciders and victims out of people in need.
According to relativity the universe is 100% in your head mate, that doesn't stop murders from happening, try telling people who suffer from loss and pain it's 100% their fault.
Guess what? It doesn't help at all. Instead offer them a way to remedy their situation,
The odds are if you're right that it's 100% in their head, they'll resolve it with little help eventually.
Tez

Telling people in physical pain that "you are not having physical withdrawals, it is 100% in your head" is a surefire way of making suiciders and victims out of people in need.
According to relativity the universe is 100% in your head mate, that doesn't stop murders from happening, try telling people who suffer from loss and pain it's 100% their fault.
Guess what? It doesn't help at all. Instead offer them a way to remedy their situation,
The odds are if you're right that it's 100% in their head, they'll resolve it with little help eventually.Tez

if you tell yourself you have a Cold and are sick, You'll actually make yourself sick. If you tell yourself that how you are feeling is your brain overreacting and that it isn't rational. you will feel less like shit. If a Individual is Contemplating Being a Coward and Ending their life over Not smoking bud then my recommended remedy would be this
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]CALL:1-800-273-8255/[/COLOR]National Suicide Prevention Lifeline[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]
[/COLOR][h=2]24/7/365 Crisis Hotline[/h][h=3]Call: (775) 784-8090
Text: “ANSWER” to 839863
[/h]Id also suggest said individual to Realise that the fact you are even alive is a Miracle in its own right. Followed by the fact that your life is good enough for you to have internet access , and since you have internet access i'll assume you have Running water , Electricty ,and a roof over your head .