• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Philosophy and Spirituality Music Thread

Ninae

Bluelighter
I had a cunning idea. Why not have a music thread for the "deep thinkers"? Only spiritual and vaguely intellectual music allowed.

Ninae what do you think of Good Vibrations? Beach Boys is not really my style of music but one time I was hanging out on the beach at Santa Cruz or some place near there and somebody put on Good Vibrations and it clicked. I suddenly got it.

Yes, I think it's very high-consciousness music. Very uplifting, almost too harmonious, sounds kind of strange in this world. You need to be in the right mood for it, there was a period I listened to their records to feel better.

As for "Good Vibrations", the chorus can be a bit irritating, but the verses are really magical. I think "God Only Knows" is my favourite, but they have many.

Got to keep those lovin' good vibrations a-happening with her...<3 Great tune.

Such sadness <3 Skip the lame gothic speaking, head to 1.10 or so- cello playing my very own aorta.

Mysterious Ways by U2 - i know they've fallen far, but i love this song. it's about goddess worship, versus god worship. "if you want to kiss the sky you better learn how to kneel" meaning that god requires submission, but your sister, the moon, is here to help.

God wants to help you too. He doesn't want submission, he just wants you to follow the law of one, and not hurt others or yourself.

Akron Family and Angels of Light collaborated on this amazing album. This is my favorite track. This is for the "no thinkers"

[video]https://youtu.be/0_8NexaoAPY[/video]

I'm a huge fan of the Doors and consider their music very spiritual. One of my favorite lines from Jim is : I tell you this, no eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn.