Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Phillipines - Greenlight on Drug users and dealers

breakcorefiend

Bluelighter
See the thread in DITM.

I've been to the Philippines. Some lovely people, some gorgeous places (Google Banaue rice terraces).

Don't let that fool you.

It's the biggest scumfuck of a country in the world. 98% Catholic and makes Pakistan look atheist. Posters, billboards, everywhere. "Become a God Addict, not a drug addict." That kind of thing. Duterte has just taken over. Remember Marcos? He's worse. Plus I believe he has appointed Marcos son as his deputy. Duterte is from a similar dynastic family.

It is one of the most corrupt countries in the world. This is now being used to settle old scores. Anyone can be murdered, and have their extra-judicial killing approved by Duterte, as long as you hang a sign around the victims neck alleging drug dealer.

I've been to 40+ countries in the world. I've never been to one where it as hard to score or even visibly witness drugs. Not saying they don't have any. But it certainly ain't a "let's kill everyone" problem.

It's the most armed country on the streets I've ever seen. A MacDonalds doorman, any shop doorman in Manila, is armed with a sub-machine gun, a revolver, a baton and CS gas. And that's just the visible stuff.

They have a massive problem with paranoia. And shit food. They have taken the worst of American culture to the extremes. Arms and burgers.

Never seen such a heavily armed country. At least in Colombia you get to wear a (para)military uniform if you have a machine gun on show.

Scumfuck of a country. Avoid.

I never had any intention of going there before I saw this, definitely won't go there now lol

Yeah I saw that, loads of corpses with the heads wrapped in duct tape and a sign saying 'im a drug pusher' stuck on them

This news and the Nice attacks just make me wonder whats gunna happen to this planet, seems like it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better :\

Hardly surprising, but some of the readers comments are fairly disheartening...

"Fully support the steps taken by him."

"You can't help but fantasise that giving police permission to kill known drug dealers in Britain would be a really great way of protecting children and addicts from harm!"

"That's one way of doing it.."

Hardly surprising, but some of the readers comments are fairly disheartening...

"Fully support the steps taken by him."

"You can't help but fantasise that giving police permission to kill known drug dealers in Britain would be a really great way of protecting children and addicts from harm!"

"That's one way of doing it.."

The retarded mentality of the majority of this country never ceases to amaze me... :|

Are you fucking kidding me? This is inhumanity at it's finest.

I have been there twice. I have to disagree shm. Drugs are rife in the Philippines. I stayed at a surf camp mainly but also in Manila and it was not hard to score weed, shabu or coke at all. It was everywhere. Just ask a cab driver... ;)

I used to think that but i went pure for quite a few years. You get used to it and its stronger. Adding tobacco is like watering down your beer.

I gather consumer only of course I can't relate any anecdotes of my own regarding this in case I provide a source.

Best way to score in a thirdworld country.
#1 Expats - the safest way
#2 Hookers - not as safe but usually more fun.
#3 Backpackers - just about every backpacker hostel i have been too has been awash with drugs
#4 Taxi Drivers - only ever had one look at me strangely. Every other time its been successful.

Oops, possible misquote alert! =D

I posted in the wrong thread as well. Anyone who wants to play hunt the easter egg will get my drift.

That's just how nice the weed is this morning.

Fuck my lungs they're already mashed

:\

I have been there twice. I have to disagree shm. Drugs are rife in the Philippines. I stayed at a surf camp mainly but also in Manila and it was not hard to score weed, shabu or coke at all. It was everywhere. Just ask a cab driver... ;)

I've been to 40+ countries in the world. I've never been to one where it as hard to score or even visibly witness drugs. Not saying they don't have any. But it certainly ain't a "let's kill everyone" problem.

I do not believe drugs are 'rife' in the Philippines and think we should be careful with the language we use when discussing it. You stayed at a surf camp. That's hardly typical and an obvious place for drugs. You also spent some time in Manila. Fair enough. So did I. I also travelled across three islands and visited many Barangays. Like I said, I'm not denying the drugs are there. Show me a country without some form of drug use. But look at the stats before we start throwing around words like 'rife' or epidemic.

Let's compare with the UK. 60 million pop. Conservative estimate of 2 million regular cannabis users. That's over 3% of the population on cannabis alone. Heroin addicts? Conservative estimate 250,000. That more than doubles when you throw in crack and normal cocaine use. Overall it's estimated 35% of UK population has tried illegal drugs at some point.

Figures for Philippines? 1.8 - 2.2% use, mainly, shabu (meth) and/or cannabis. There are no stats to support your assertion 'coke is everywhere'. Last year their customs intercepted 17kg. That's nothing in what is described as a transit country. And right now police are going door to door with their guns, scaring the shit out of anyone who might have toked once. 17000 arrests in Davao and "250 sachets and 0.46g of shabu sized".

http://www.rappler.com/nation/139471-drugs-surrender-police-davao-region

I don't go surfing but I go to a lot of other places and I spent over a month in the Philippines just last year. It's the only country I've never been offered drugs. That's why I said lack of visibility. What is visible, particularly in Manila but almost everywhere is poverty and armed, heavily armed security. In Banaue in the mountains Beetle-nut was more than prevalent. But that was it. And that's legal.

We don't go shooting and scaring the fuck out of users here because we have 2-3% of our population using heroin, cocaine and cannabis. We don't call it rife and we don't think it's a problem out of control.

Just saying i had no problems scoring when i have been there. Different experiences different opinions.

I'm not having a go at you Consumer. I just think it's nice to have debate about serious subjects in EADD from time to time and we both speak from experience.

Yesterday a prominent member of this board had a go at me for my simplistic catchphrase 'burn it down' which refers to my anarchism and desire to rebuild society from scratch. Now I feel vilified for trying to debate another subject by using more than one paragraph.

Maybe I should stick to asking for opinions on footwear.