• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Phenylethylamine (PEA) and MAO-A Inhibitor safety?

Ventrusii

Bluelighter
I was considering getting some Phenylethylamine (PEA henceforth) and ran into some interesting problems/questions.

Since MAO-A inhibitors increase the potency of PEA-derivatives, wouldn't they also increase the potency of PEA itself, and because such, would a RIMA be okay to add to a stack with PEA, like a MAO-B inhibitor would be?

Would doing that increase the potency but not the length, or both? Or neither? Has anyone tried this?

Yes maois are often used to potentiate PEA, but from what I've gathered, it's a fleeting, uncomfortable stimulant.

What is a RIMA btw?

Yes taking an MAO-A inhibitor should increase the potency of PEA and the MOA-B inhibitor would significantly increase its potency. I have no idea how safe it is to take both MAOIs with PEA, but I think it would be fine if you carefully manage your dosing... It'll certainly depend on your doses.

I'm sure people have done this before, so might look for reports with a Google search.

I though phenylethylamine had such a short half life it wasnt a effective stimulant. Like minutes. Have you had different results?

I though phenylethylamine had such a short half life it wasnt a effective stimulant. Like minutes. Have you had different results?
Taking it with an MAOb inhibitor should elongate the effects, no? Unless there are other enzymes that also work on PEA

back when I was like 18 maybe 17, id mix about 1-2g of PEA with hordenine 30 minutes after strong cup cup of green tea, used to be my favorite. id get a euphoric tingly numb rush and lightheaded, thoughtless, spun rush. It took almost 3g with this method while chewing nicotine gum and vomited pretty bad once though. Literally the only rush or euphoric feelings I've had from any stimulant, even from shooing up phenmetrazines or snorting meth (I do have ADD so my experiences with stims are a bit weird) . but at that age I had only used caffeine and ephedrine I think.
I haven't been able to recreate that feeling with PEA in the present, and its not a useful stimulant and it was very short-lived, with diminishing returns. In my experience.

back when I was like 18 maybe 17, id mix about 1-2g of PEA with hordenine 30 minutes after strong cup cup of green tea, used to be my favorite. id get a euphoric tingly numb rush and lightheaded, thoughtless, spun rush. It took almost 3g with this method while chewing nicotine gum and vomited pretty bad once though. Literally the only rush or euphoric feelings I've had from any stimulant, even from shooing up phenmetrazines or snorting meth (I do have ADD so my experiences with stims are a bit weird) . but at that age I had only used caffeine and ephedrine I think.
I haven't been able to recreate that feeling with PEA in the present, and its not a useful stimulant and it was very short-lived, with diminishing returns. In my experience.
I would venture to say that the hordenine would have helped elongate the effects by way of MAOb inhibition IF you had taken it like 25 minutes before the PEA