• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Phenylethylamine Freebase?

Illuminateur

Bluelighter
I, and several others have had much successful, if painful at first, experience insufflating phenylethylamine on selegiline. I tried at one point to smoke it on foil (avoiding direct heat) in a manner similar to smoking h, which did not end with anything other than a rather unpleasant taste. Would it be beneficial to freebase it first as it comes in an HCl salt?

And to do that would I just mix it with a base like sodium bicarbonate or NaOH? I have never freebased anything before. I assume water would be necessary as a medium for acid/base reaction. How much and any suggestions for better reactants? This sounds fun even if it doesn't work. The PEA is clocked at ~99% purity. How do I know if my base is going to be more attractive to the HCl than the PEA?

Freebase phenethylamine would be a fishy-smelling corrosive oil, you don't want to be making it.

Is this the voice of experience I hear lol? Is it much more corrosive than other unsalted bases? Wouldn't being a liquid at room temperature mean that it is easier to vaporize it without subjecting it to temperatures that would denature the molecule?

Somewhat irrelevant, fish? To me, while piracetam and various cholines smell like fish, PEA HCl smells like rubbing alcohol and chemical waste. Does free PEA smell the same, or does it acquire a new fishy attribute?

PEA HCl definitely has a very "fishy" smell, IMO.

Sorry for resurrecting an older thread, but I suddenly find myself very interested in this issue.

I've read chatter on another forum that smoking PEA might be active.

Orally with an MAOI or MAO substrate it has some interesting effects.... (stimulatory, mood-lifting)

just wondering, whats insuffulating PEA like? does it last longer than just taking it orally? does it stop hurting if you do it enough? thanks.