• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

phenylazetidine/phenylcyclobutanamine/phenylcyclobutylamine

(zonk)

Bluelighter
If one were to to seek to replace phenethylamine type, which would Make more sense(Cyclobutyl or azetidine)? have there been any studies on these compounds as to their effectiveness at pea/amp comparisons and if so what would the difference be in mimicking binding to dopamine, serotonin and norepinephrine propensities +,-,~=?would it function more as a releaser, reuptake inhibitor, transport inhibitor, modulator, or agonist? as well as effect on MAO? Would it be subject to, less subject to or would it be an inhibitor of? Any data or thoughts would be appreciated..

If there’s any confusion i mean to put 3-phenyl of course ...

An azetidine is a 3 membered ring containing a single nitrogen. A cyclobutyl ring is a 4 membered ring with no nitrogens so it isn't clear what you are asking as it isn't comparing like with like. If you post some images of what it is that you allude to then it would be a great help.

I assume it is the following general structures that are being referred to:

3-Phenylazetidine:

3-phenylazetidine.png

3-Phenylcyclobutylamine:

3-phenylcyclobutylamine.png

Here are some relevant papers:

3-Aryl-3-arylmethoxyazetidines. A new class of high affinity ligands for monoamine transporters

Antidepressant agents. 9. 3,3-Diphenylcyclobutylamines, a new class of central stimulants

Unfortunately access to these links you sent is for some reason in requisition of an account which is bureaucratical bullshit imho and is contractictory to the ethics of philosophical freeminded thinkers , and posthumously pre-tantamount to knowledge hoarding to which i think is travestational to the institution of which it procludes

Last edited:
It’s sort of a multi-sided question, for example, tranylcypromine is known to possess weaker amphetamine like qualities but while also having the unique action of mao inhibition

there have been a couple brief mentions of similar compounds with maybe some interesting activity in pihkal/rc scene and i was hoping there may be some knowledge hidden somewhere to get a better sense of the SAR related to these

3,3-phenylcyclobutanamine has a slightly interesting profile on wikipedia but i guess i was trying to see if there was anything to compare it to

Simple norketamine is a DRI - I sampled the (R) isomer and it was SOOO close to cocaine. Someone who likes resolving isomers could make a fortune.

Reactions: SKL