• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Phenobarbital-what do my fellow Aussies think?

What was it?

Bluelighter
I procurred some 100mg Phenobarbital tablets when travelling in Laos (for insomnia). I have extensive experience with benzos such as flunitrazepam, temazepam, bromazepam, midazolam, clonazepam, oxazepam, diazepam, alprazolam and most recently triazolam.

My question really is what does 100mg of Pheno compare to if anything at all in the benzo arena?

And being the safe tripper I am, has anybody every heard about people dying suddenly off pheno from first time use? (you know, like some people get a cardiac arrest from first time coke)

I intend to try 1 100mg but am scared shitless due to the reputation of barbiturates.....lots of horros stories there from the old days.

I have had phenobarbital on one occassion before, I don't think it is the most potent barbiturate going around but that is not to say it should not be treated with respect! A quick check seems to indicate that 180mg of phenobarbital is roughly equivalent to 60mg diazepam, when I used it I had either 3 or 4 30mg tablets (honestly can't remember) so 90-120mg, so roughly 30-40mg of diazepam equivalent. I found the effect to probably be slightly milder than that much diazepam but definately more sedating.

It definately seems to be more dangerous to poly use with because after I had just one or two drinks my motor function was all over the place.

Not sure if you are a codeine fan but pheno is a CYP2D6 inducer (the enzyme that converts codeine to morphine) and I personally found that it potentiated codeine very well.

With that much benzo experience under your belt I wouldn't be too worried about it mate, try 100mg and I will honestly be surprised if you aren't a little underwhelmed (thats not to say I reccomend you take more for your first go, better safe than sorry!).