• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Phenibut Tolerance Build Up

FlawedByDesign

Bluelighter
I do apologize for not posting this in the mega thread below. If the mods could let this go a day before merging it would be greatly appreciated. I am currently in the midst of very high dose suboxone/etizolam withdrawal and I am seriously about to break the record of consecutive days without sleep(11 days). I had a grandmal seizure from using tramadol during etiz withdrawal a week ago to the day. I slept for about a hour or two the day before yesterday, othe than that I've been up for about 9-10 days(kinda hard to remember). I will say other than the insomnia and slight tremors I am about to come out through the other side. No longer feeling opioid w/d such has rls or hot/cold sweats, just can not fall asleep. Finally getting to the point: I have phenibut arriving today which was extremely helpful the last time I got clean from similar substances but as we all know the tolerance curve is a bitch. The first time I took it I was out cold but felt next to nothing the day after which resulted in me taking it every 3 days or so. My question is if anyone has experienced a decrease in effects using twice in one day? Like if I took 1500mgs for a bit of relif when the mail runs(5 pm) would it negate the effects of ~2gs taken a few hours before bed? Sorry again for the long my winded post and not using the mega thread, I'm just really banking on this for some sleep. I take sleep deprivation better than anyone I know but it's really starting to weigh on me. I am constantly starving from metabolism(sp?) never shutting off and auditory hallucinations are becoming consistent any time I focus on the silence.

Idk. Phenibut is a weird one. The first time I ever tried it, I thought it was amazing. I waited weeks before trying it again and was never able to get that feeling back. It still helps me w sleep when I take it, but that's all it does now. I wonder if it's bc I have a benzo tolerance. Anyway, it's lost its magic for me. I've read on the mega thread others who take it a couple times a week every week, and still love it.

Thanks for the reply. The same exact thing happened to me, I'm pretty sure I was in kratom withdrawals the first I used it and I remember intense euphoria/relief before passing out curled up on a beanbag chair in my SO's room. That was a few years ago and was the only time I ever felt euphoria but like you said it was still great for sleep the only other time I was completely clean from benzos/opioids last year when I thought I was looking at a year in jail for battering an officer(poking him in the chest while tripping by the grace of god/being super remorseful was reduced to a simple public intox)...sorry for sharing lol, Sleep deprivation turns me into a chatty Kathy at times lol

I've been trying on and off to kick kratom for months. What were your WD like?

Nowhere near as bad as a full agonist like oxy or terribly drawn like suboxone but it does have its own set of challenges. The sweats are pretty bad and I get pretty emotional. I've w/d from Kratom more times than I can remember. After being on it for YEARS you're looking at 5 solid days of yuck followed by PAWS and all that good stuff.