View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenibut Question (w ALD-52)

sin_is_synthetic

Bluelighter
I just ordered some Phenibut and plan on pre-loading it before taking ALD-52 . How does Phenibut effect energy level-One of my favorite things is hiking after the peak on psychedelics and would hate to feel sluggish.

Also- would it be wise to dose the ALD-52 higher to make up for any dulling of visuals that may occur?

Just don't dose too high. The effects are comparable to low dose alcohol.

I would personally advise trying phenibut alone first just to see how you like it.

I don't know what you expect to gain by mixing Phenibut to the experience. Hypothetically you might reduce anxiety if that is a problem for you on psychedelics.
Anyway, it sounds a bit like adulteration to me. Though I like both substances for different occasions. A bit like mixing my most expensive and tasty single malt scotch with some alright but cheap soda.
I wouldn't take Phenibut for hiking, sometimes I might feel like on stimulants but mostly goes more to the sluggish side of things for me. Not very experienced though...

Yes-mainly from what I have read from reports it takes the edge off any anxiety and adds a euphoric take off point. I appreciate the advice-I may forgo it and just use it on its own since I like being up and active during my "travels".

Phenibut does not dull or produce any kind of undesirable effects if taken in amounts of 250-750mg about 2-3 hours before the trip, at least for me. I like mixing it with lysergamides in particular, but it goes nice with everything. Just an extra sparkle, disinhibition and easier reflexes during the trip, adds to euphoria and hypomania IME.

Try it by itself first, as ChipTrippyFox said, start with "recommended" 500mg or so, wait for a 3 hours and see if you get any nausea or any other discomforts. From there you can add an additional 250-500mg if desired and see how your day will go.;)

Phenibut is great with psychs. I know it's a little counterintuitive to take a GABA drug with a psychedelic, but phenibut takes away some of the anxiety without dulling the effects much at all. It's actually pretty remarkable. Should have no problem hiking. Just stay under a gram.

Awesome-
Sounds like both of you have had good experiences. The consensus is that with psychs, a lower dose of phen will do fine.