Phenibut good and bad of Phenibut HCL. Yeah I am on my withdrawal again... :(

Onandoff

Bluelighter
I've been in love with this easily accessible and so-called nootropic Phenibut HCL ever since 2012. First I started off buying a 100g powder off a well-known brand and that seemed to last me forever. It was my honeymoon phase and I was in heaven. I really felt like the dude in the movie Limitless. This OTC drug could make me anyone I wanted to be and would give me all these new social abilities I thought I coIuld never do. I got quick-witted, my work performance was better than ever and most importantly it made me socialize much better... which I was lacking. All of a sudden I got game!! And oh yea getting that REM sleep on Phenibut is out of this world. Enough raving about this substance. Anyways, I just wanted to make this post here on my favorite site Bluelight so that this time I am really done for real! How dependent and the dosage amount I got up to is just ridiculous. Basically, I could go through 500g tub within 5 weeks. That is not an amount anyone should ever do. It's been an on and off relationship with Phenibut HCL in the beginning and now it is starting to take over my life and I can't let that happen. :(

I am on withdrawal Day 5 and day 3 and Day 4 were definitely one of the worst days of my life and I've gone through a ton of drugs. I am starting my withdrawal Day 5 and I am hoping it isn't as bad as yesterday... still no sleep since the last Friday but I am hoping to be able to sleep tonight. Used some Kava Kava tea and chamomile tea as some have recommended to me but they just made me more diuretic and I got dehydrated... almost had seizure I think. I am actually able to write this. Phenibut has been the dark side substance for me in the last 5 years and I just wanted to share it here because my ability to write on the internetz is slowly coming back after being totally brain dead since the last dose on Friday. If you have any thoughts let me know. Phenibut HCL is just too addicting for me unfortunately.

If my withdrawal gets any worse I will visit the doctor tomorrow. Learned from my last withdrawal that alcohol just prolongs the withdrawal!

hey. with a habit like that you would be a lot better off tapering mate. Did you just cold turkey?

Yup. Cold turkey this time... usually I would have Kratom with me but now I am in a country where it's strictly prohibited. Never tapered before... usually the withdrawal timeline is about 7-10 days for me. Used everyday for 5 weeks this time... yesterday was terrible. Hoping today is much better. I think it will be!

Definitely taper if there is a next time. GABAergics can be hell to stop - most require a taper or a substitute which you can then taper (ie. alcohol -> benzos, taper the benzos). I am not surprised that alcohol prolongs it. Out of curiosity did alcohol help with any of the withdrawal symptoms temporarily? Also, most GABAergics kindle so it's not surprising that the withdrawals are getting worse, or that alcohol prolongs it. Moving forward, you will most likely have to always be careful with other substances such as benzos, alcohol, gabapentin, pregabalin, phenibut of course, and perhaps GHB, etc. Sincec you are familiar with nootropics, if you're still feeling lousy look into memantine to help with withdrawal and possibly aniracetam. I can't speak of memantine but I have seen it referenced many times over for benzo and alcohol withdrawal - it may help phenibut withdrawal, but research that. You can probably get overnight delivery it you feel that it will help. Aniracetam probably won't make a difference in how you immediately feel, but it's neuroprotective and may help you heal quicker from the phenibut withdrawal. Part of the reason why GABAergic withdrawal is so terrible is because the glutamate system becomes overactive so its a cascading effect of damage - ie excitotixicity.

Thanks for your advice sir. Really appreciate it. Yeah alcohol did help on the 1st and 2nd day of my withdrawal which led to the shittiest 3rd and 4th day of the withdrawl ever. I drank a lot because I just wanted to be knocked out but woke up feeling so shitty after a few hours then there was no chance of sleeping again for a couple of more days. On Day 6 now and I drank 4 cans of beers last night with food and slept 4 hours which means I am progressing! On my 2nd cup of strong kava kava tea and I think I am ok to work today. I've had GHB withdrawals before and this Phenibut withdrawal is worse in my experience. I started phenibut because of all the advice from people to take phenibut for GHB withdrawal and it was a miracle. Then I got myself into another habit haha. I have Noopept, Huperzine A and a few other nootropics on hand but not a huge fan of them. How do I get hold of memantine? do they sell it online?

I've never tried Phenibut, but I've heard some nasty things about it, like that withdrawal can set in after only a few days consecutive use. I would definitely recommend a taper, and once you're off, stay off! The negatives seem to far outweigh the positives with this substance.

Thanks for your advice sir. Really appreciate it. Yeah alcohol did help on the 1st and 2nd day of my withdrawal which led to the shittiest 3rd and 4th day of the withdrawl ever. I drank a lot because I just wanted to be knocked out but woke up feeling so shitty after a few hours then there was no chance of sleeping again for a couple of more days. On Day 6 now and I drank 4 cans of beers last night with food and slept 4 hours which means I am progressing! On my 2nd cup of strong kava kava tea and I think I am ok to work today. I've had GHB withdrawals before and this Phenibut withdrawal is worse in my experience. I started phenibut because of all the advice from people to take phenibut for GHB withdrawal and it was a miracle. Then I got myself into another habit haha. I have Noopept, Huperzine A and a few other nootropics on hand but not a huge fan of them. How do I get hold of memantine? do they sell it online?

I we can't discuss where to get any supplements and/or drugs on Bluelight but it's pretty popular and probably avaialble at places that offer phenibut. Like I said, do copious research before buying it. I have never tried it myself but I've seen it mentioned for GABAergic withdrawal.

Cool. Thanks for your inputs. Seriously had no sleep until today and just got only 3 hours of sleep and felt much better. I had trouble walking yesterday because I had no energy from insomnia I think. Day 8 now and thank God it's the weekend and I am hoping I am almost normal by Monday and ready to work without any withdrawal effects. There are still waves of uncomfortable anxiety ish feelings present. Nothing too serious though... much more bearable now phew. I had to work all week and busy so I just had to fight it out cold turkey. Another cold turkey under my belt with Phenibut but I am never doing this again. That was a helluva withdrawal.. I was going through 100g per week for over a month and have been on Phenibut on and off for the last 10 months. I never thought I'd become a daily user and I did. I hate myself. Lesson learnt.

Damn, son. What the hell did you do to yourself? First of all, legal drugs are legal for a reason. They are far worse than the illegal ones which is why they are cheap or easy to get. I for one know that the withdrawal from phenibut is 5 times worse than benzos. It has a quick tolerance and nasty withdrawals. I never did phenibut for two consecutive days because I know the withdrawals are hell. Be careful with this yo! If you didn't take any, I would tell you to throw that shit away. But now that youre on it, I guess you have to keep taking it to feed them withdrawals I reckon.

I have a question since your experienced with phenibut..have you ever tried lyrica? Are the effects similar?the same?..I've always wondered and I've heard they are both drugs dealing with gaba receptors

ive stayed away from phenibut because I know myself and I will go way overboard on a legal cheap high like that :|

Never tried Lyrica. I have heard ppl use it to get off of phenibut. That was helluva withdrawl. Can't believe I got off of it cold turkey. Sober life is great so far! ;)

Never tried Lyrica. I have heard ppl use it to get off of phenibut. That was helluva withdrawl. Can't believe I got off of it cold turkey. Sober life is great so far! ;)

I was using about 3400 mg a day of phenibut for well over a year and had almost no withdrawal problems due to the use of Gabapentin and Tianeptine. It blew my mind as I was expecting pure hell and didn't even think I'd be able to actually quit. I did a very long taper and when I jumped off at 300 mg. I felt almost nothing negative. I know it sounds like pure bs but I swear that's the way it actually went down. I think the long taper and the Gabapentin were the main reasons things went so well. The longer the taper the better.

^ Thanks for your advice. Definitely tapering next time... IF there is next time hah.