• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Phenibut & Gabapentin - similar modes of action

i have used gabapentin for phenibut withdrawals and it worked perfectly..ive also used gabapentin on its own at small doses(6-900 mgs) and it gave me a really pronounced gaba type high...increased energy and social drive but i also noticed bad side effects like blurred vision and my coordination was completely out of whack..i never noticed any withdrawals from gabapentin..

what sucked about gabapentin is after 3-4 days of daily use, it stopped working completely in terms of getting me high and the side effects worsened..

phenibut still packs a punch even after years of using it..i notice no cross tolerance between the 2..i havent used gabapentin in a year or so but if i were to take 600 mgs right now, id probably get a pretty nice high..

Ok so trial two of the gabapentin / phenibut combo. My plan is to pregame before the ODESZA show tonight.

10grams phenibut total taken over 6 hours
2400mg of gabapentin taken over 4 hour period
Shots of kava kava taken randomly throughout the day

Will post later and note that I have a natural high tolerance to GABA chemicals.

I don't understand why anyone would want to abuse Gabapentin. I was prescribed it when my arms were falling asleep during severe RA flares (bad inflammation in joints)...it helped and my arms rarely fall asleep now. I take 900mg a day, but I don't notice anything when I take it...only that I feel my arms again.

Last edited:
I read on one of the more official-looking phenibut studies that it's a gabapentinoid and has the exact same mechanism of action, with some overflow into gaba receptors.

One thing I do know is that i was suffering some rebound anxiety from probably not long enough breaks from phenibut. 2 or 3 on, 2 off. I took 300 mg gabapentin and it went away.

Next, a 3 day break. Day 3, more highly annoying rebound anxiety. 600 mg gabapentin led to total abatement, plus the most productive both stimulating and smoothing high of my life.

Next, on day 2 of phenibut break, same thing. 900 mg of gabapentin. Not as much magic but definitely in a good place.

This is something I really want to know. I dont have an unlimited supply of GBP but enough to take 2 or 3 for a while, as well as a full bottle of lyrica. Both are very old, maybe close to 9 years old but they both still work, obviously.

Now, research and the fact that the two can almost completely abate withdrawals from the other definitely point to a similar MOA, which likely means cross-tolerance, right?

That's what makes the most sense to me, from what I've read.

However, I had taken 2 gbp before my phenibut infatuation and had far less effects. It could speak to what I ate and such, from what I'm reading. Point being, from what I read 600mg seems like a pretty low dose. I had been taking 3-6 g of phenibut without enough breaks to avoid some payback, and in the midst of that payback, I got as I said, the best high of my entire life from that dose of GBP with a baseline of minor withdrawal, so that would possibly say that there isnt a cross-tolerance. If this is true, then I will probably do seven back flips. Still cautious though.

I will probably find out at some point, for myself, but Im trying to be cautious so as to not lose the magic altogether. I've also now gone through 29 mg of Etizolam in the past month. Basically, taking upwards of 4 and 3 in my first couple days, hving barely noticed effects and factoring my 250 plus pound weight. However, that has switched to much smarter, on and off 1/2 and 1mg use as I learned that it's a subtle drug and there isnt euphoria to be had, really. At least at the ranges IM willing to jack my Gaba receptors.

With GBP not being the hardest drug to obtain, and all of the people who have discovered phenibut, as well as the darkside of it, Im surprised there arent more posts on this.

I saw someone was cycling benzos and phenibut in a 3 and 3. Most of the people who chimed in said it was a horrible idea. He seemed to have been doing it for a while without much consequence. Someone must of tried this??? Please post here, if so.

I would do this in a heartbeat if I didnt read phenibut was a gabapentoid, with the same MOA, but as I said, limited empirical evidence points to phenibut not creating a gabapentin tolerance in me.

Also, based on the OP's report of 2g's of phenibut making a huge difference with what I could presume is a pretty darn high GBP tolerance there really does seem to be hope.

I should also point out that I have never abused benzos prior to this and have consumed a mg of klonopin and probably 12mg of ativan over the course of a year, spread out always by a few days and always a portion of a pill, so that could also be why I get such profound effects from both Phenibut(which I also realized I can get by on much lower doses than I had been taking)

Sort of off-topic but the first time I took phenibut I took 3gs or so. I spent the night with my gf. The next day it felt as if all of the pleasure chemicals my body had produced throughout the night and my sleep were trapped in my body. In fact, I have to say THAT was by far my most euphoric high, with the GBP experience being my most productive, focused high.

Coming off of 8 months of 900 mgs of gabapentin was the worst experience of my life. I was extremely depressed and wanted to end my life. I was violently crying and couldn't be alone. The magnesium drink, CALM, leveled those withdrawal symptoms within 30 minutes. It saved my life. Don't mess with gabapentin use. I personally know 2 others who committed suicide while on it.