• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Phenibut for opiate withdrawal

GetMeOutOfThisCRAP

Bluelighter
Currently withdrawing from 60-90 milligrams daily use of straight up good ole oxycodone :). All I've got is kratom and phenibut but I have no experience on how to use it. Because my anxiety is so bad right due to the state of withdrawing, I can't afford to have any rebound anxiety from using it too much. I do not have access to benzodiazepines or gabapentin itself so this is the only option. I've heard phenibut has withdrawals in its own right that are pretty nasty. Who has experience with this substance? Pretty not well-known.

Get a cup of very warm water (not boiling but a little steam)
Drop 1 1/2g phenibut into the warm water > stir till dissolved nicely)
Drop in 3g kratom and let it melt down, then stir
let cool enough to shoot (like a shot of vodka)
one final stir and drink

the kratom should effect withing 15 min
the phenibut should hit around hrs 3-5

dose more kratom about every 3-5 hrs as needed

phenibut does have withdrawals but if used long enough to just curb opiate wds then nothing to worry about IMO

Phenibut does help mask opiate withdrawal. For some reason I find that gabapentin works better for it though, even though phenibut shares gabapentin's mode of action and additionally is a GABA-B agonist, so you'd think it would work even better.

Yeah phenibut is physically addictive, but if you haven't been addicted to it before, you could do it daily for 5 days or so and be fine. However it would be easy to replace one drug with another, as phenibut is a very nice, euphoric drug that is pretty tempting to use for the same reasons one might use opiates and become addicted to them in the first place (ie, self-medicating).

Phenibut takes a long time tor reach full effect, at least 4 hours for me, or even 5-6. It's hard to imagine that it would take so long, but it does. A lot of people either underdose it or overdose it because of this. If you take too much, it causes leg pain (which opiate withdrawal also causes, so it can make this worse if you take too much). Too much phenibut feels pretty weird/unpleasant in the body so if you dose too high it can add to your discomfort.

Phenibut lasts over 24 hours for me once it reaches full effect, in fact it's more like 36 usually. So keep that in mind.

Ah okay thanks for the replies guys! I've never had issues with psychological addiction when it comes to recreational benzo use or gabapentin abuse. Never been my cup of tea.

In theory does phenibut also help for stimulant crashes like adderall? Has anyone ever found themselves overdosing from this substance?

I take around 5g a day. Can't say I ever enjoyed it much. Every once in a while it will induce this hypomanic state where music sounds intense beautiful and playing the piano is an emotional experience but other than that i find it about as enjoyable as gabapentin. I only got on it after quiting lyrica and couldnt sleep for a few months so I gave up. I take it to sleep and only to sleep, once a day at night. Im going to start tapering off again as it really sucks the ambition out of me.

Its hard to overdose so to speak, but ive accidentally taken 10g as i had forgotten i had taken it. The following day I was terribly nauseated and in and out of sleep.

Will help opioid withdrawal however. Perhaps 750mg BID for 4 days?

Taking phenibut daily makes it stop being recreational. I take it about once a week and it produces a wonderful hypomanic and euphoric state every time. I use 1.5 to 2g. At 2.5 to 3 grams, it starts to be too much and get uncomfortable, gives me joint pain and a weird listless mental state.

Taking phenibut daily makes it stop being recreational. I take it about once a week and it produces a wonderful hypomanic and euphoric state every time. I use 1.5 to 2g. At 2.5 to 3 grams, it starts to be too much and get uncomfortable, gives me joint pain and a weird listless mental state.

Man i know about the listlessness. It can cause a sort of akathisia at times, which can be uncomfortable. Not sure about joint pain but the dry mouth can be incredibly uncomfortable, especially with alcohol. Hope to be off this shit this year. From my experience phenibut euphoria pales in comparison to high dose pregabalin.

don't do it. if you can't get benzos, get imodium (do not take a lot), clonidine (i use this for benzo withdrawal, but i hear it works for opiate too), and if you can a rls drug script.

phenibut is a gag drug. it's hardly even a drug. weird powder that gets you kinda wonky twice and then puts you in mild but annoying withdrawal. my subjective opinion, of course. some people love it. some people don't know hard drugs are where it's at.

getting clean feels good. don't dirty it up. also 60 - 90mg will be noticeable, not terrible. not belittling your effort -- it's great you're quitting --- but i've withdrawn from dope habits that equal hundreds of mgs of oxy a day. i was able to convince family and co-workers it was a flu. it wasn't fun, but it wasn't like in the movies. you got this.

For the record, mostly because I don't want to understate the risks of switching one addiction for another if you're a person who likes phenibut... I've done pretty much every drug there is to do, and phenibut is in my top 5 drugs of all time. Dosed righjt, if you're a good responder, it is really fantastic. Some people don't like it that much, but phenibut, for me, is one of the most reliably useful drug tools. It's kinda like GHB but far less intoxicating, way longer lasting, and much less euphoric (but a similar type of euphoria).

Man i know about the listlessness. It can cause a sort of akathisia at times, which can be uncomfortable. Not sure about joint pain but the dry mouth can be incredibly uncomfortable, especially with alcohol. Hope to be off this shit this year. From my experience phenibut euphoria pales in comparison to high dose pregabalin.

High dose pregabalin is definitely more euphoric, for sure. It's also more intoxicating. What I like about phenibut so much is that when dosed right it's kinda like super sobriety. It makes me fearless, super sociable, euphoric and totally anxiety-free. It's also the second best sex enhancer (next to GHB).

Anyway my point is, don't switch addictions, be very careful if you do use phenibut.

don't do it. if you can't get benzos, get imodium (do not take a lot), clonidine (i use this for benzo withdrawal, but i hear it works for opiate too), and if you can a rls drug script.

phenibut is a gag drug. it's hardly even a drug. weird powder that gets you kinda wonky twice and then puts you in mild but annoying withdrawal. my subjective opinion, of course. some people love it. some people don't know hard drugs are where it's at.

getting clean feels good. don't dirty it up. also 60 - 90mg will be noticeable, not terrible. not belittling your effort -- it's great you're quitting --- but i've withdrawn from dope habits that equal hundreds of mgs of oxy a day. i was able to convince family and co-workers it was a flu. it wasn't fun, but it wasn't like in the movies. you got this.

Of course man I understand what you're saying. With kratom at least I can cut down the physical symptoms like restless leg and such--but the anxiety is so bad. I'll just be lounging around in a room trying to watch TV on the brink of a panic attack over the dumbest things. It's bad enough to make me want to relapse. I imagine my anxiety during the state of withdrawing is comparable to those who suffer from extreme anxiety and panic attacks on a regular basis. The anxiety during opiate withdrawal makes me not see much of a point in being alive. I know it's just temporary and it will pass though. But it's a pretty noticeable symptom. Depression is okay. I've always been a gloomy individual hence why opiates probably were appealing to me. Oh god though the cravings lately are god awful. Without it every hour I want it bad.

I definitely don't see how anything good can happen in my life by continuing my habits though. As too many have told me now is a good time to get out. The only levels above me in the game are dope, or hundreds of milligrams of oxy. At that point, it's not even euphoric and no longer drug... opiates become the meaning of life. I've genuinely enjoyed my time playing the game and have retained most of my functionality throughout--it's just not a feasible lifestyle. The withdrawals didn't make me quit. The potential judgment of everyone around me didn't make me quit. The money didn't make me quit. It was the potential of losing my entire future.

Kinda heartbreaking though to have to quit if you know what I mean loool. I feel like I'm losing my best friend. I've been sober before and it was incredibly hard so I do know somewhat to expect--however this was from kicking a substantially lower habit (10-20mgs for a year and a half daily). The anxiety aspect was definitely a bit less.

I do need something like phenibut for the anxiety though. Sometimes it's okay, and then the next hour it's unbearable and I can't even sit still. The worst symptom for me isn't depression, the lack of energy, or the grouchiness--it's the anxiety and sense of impending doom. I am a bit of a loner though. I will say that opiates make you never feel alone. The feeling in insolation still is like being loved my a hundred people around you. Just incredibly care-free and euphoric. That's probably why the class of drugs was so appealing to me to begin with.

Last edited:
For the record, mostly because I don't want to understate the risks of switching one addiction for another if you're a person who likes phenibut... I've done pretty much every drug there is to do, and phenibut is in my top 5 drugs of all time. Dosed righjt, if you're a good responder, it is really fantastic. Some people don't like it that much, but phenibut, for me, is one of the most reliably useful drug tools. It's kinda like GHB but far less intoxicating, way longer lasting, and much less euphoric (but a similar type of euphoria).

High dose pregabalin is definitely more euphoric, for sure. It's also more intoxicating. What I like about phenibut so much is that when dosed right it's kinda like super sobriety. It makes me fearless, super sociable, euphoric and totally anxiety-free. It's also the second best sex enhancer (next to GHB).

Anyway my point is, don't switch addictions, be very careful if you do use phenibut.

Off Topic here, but it is funny that you mentioned Phenibut ( which is similar to Gabapentin) and Pregabalin ( which is also similar to Gabapentin) are “kinda like GHB”.
My Doctor told me that the Gabapentin actually has a little bit of GHB in it.
Interesting information there eh?

I am finding Gabapentin to be very helpful for me. (narcolepsy)
The Gabapentin also helps Opiate withdrawal and it is helping me to taper Clonazepam.
I was able to kick Ambien right off.

Just a note of caution (I know Xorkoth knows this already) but for others who may read this- Gabapentin has a bad and I mean BAD withdrawal. Be very careful with it. Gabapentin must be tapered down slowly if taken for a month straight. Do not cold turkey.
I would imagine it would be the same for phenibut and Pregabalin. Serious warning on DO NOT COLD TURKEY these drugs.

My Doctor told me that the Gabapentin actually has a little bit of GHB in it. Interesting information there eh?

I realize he said it but I sure hope he doesn't actually think that. Not only does gabapentin have absolutely no GHB in it they don't feel similar really. Phenibut would be the closest I suppose, which makes sense, since like GHB it is a GABA-B agonist. You might also say the weird empathogenic headspace of high dose pregabalin has some parallels to the occasional GHB empathy (which I find occurs unreliability).

Last edited:
My Doctor told me that the Gabapentin actually has a little bit of GHB in it.
Interesting information there eh?

Gabapentin is a pure chemical compound, it doesn't have GHB in it. Structurally, they are fairly close though, maybe he meant that? Or maybe he just figured all patients don't have a clue about drugs and just said something that he thought you'd identify with.

Gabapentin is such a weird drug. I can't even describe the effects.. it definitely feels like a stimulant benzo though.

What was it originally intended for? Anxiety or pain relief.. or both? Were they trying to replace benzos/opiates? Or was it's painkiller effects random? I feel like this would be a question only someone who works in the pharmaceutical field or anything about the Pftizer whatever would know but just curious. It's always been so helpful for anxiety but after seeing so many posts about people outraged by the withdrawal I figured I'd stay away.

Phenibut does help mask opiate withdrawal. For some reason I find that gabapentin works better for it though, even though phenibut shares gabapentin's mode of action and additionally is a GABA-B agonist, so you'd think it would work even better.

Yeah phenibut is physically addictive, but if you haven't been addicted to it before, you could do it daily for 5 days or so and be fine. However it would be easy to replace one drug with another, as phenibut is a very nice, euphoric drug that is pretty tempting to use for the same reasons one might use opiates and become addicted to them in the first place (ie, self-medicating).

Phenibut takes a long time tor reach full effect, at least 4 hours for me, or even 5-6. It's hard to imagine that it would take so long, but it does. A lot of people either underdose it or overdose it because of this. If you take too much, it causes leg pain (which opiate withdrawal also causes, so it can make this worse if you take too much). Too much phenibut feels pretty weird/unpleasant in the body so if you dose too high it can add to your discomfort.

Phenibut lasts over 24 hours for me once it reaches full effect, in fact it's more like 36 usually. So keep that in mind.
id like to ask how well the phenibut masks the opiate withdrawal?im down to under 1mg of buprenorphine and just constantly feeling bad and to scared to just jump off cold turkey which I hate myself for being such a coward for but have been thinking of getting phenibut and trying it so I can atleast try,id only do it for 7 days to get over the hump will it help?as im desperate to get off this curse of an opiate habit

Phenibut helps, but gabapentin blocks withdrawal better. I think it's because at sufficient doses to help emotionally, phenibut has some effects on the body that make the withdrawal pain more pronounced. So, it can help your mind, but makes you feel shitty physically. Whereas gabapentin just helps all around.

Phenibut helps, but gabapentin blocks withdrawal better. I think it's because at sufficient doses to help emotionally, phenibut has some effects on the body that make the withdrawal pain more pronounced. So, it can help your mind, but makes you feel shitty physically. Whereas gabapentin just helps all around.
id like to ask how well the phenibut masks the opiate withdrawal?im down to under 1mg of buprenorphine and just constantly feeling bad and to scared to just jump off cold turkey which I hate myself for being such a coward for but have been thinking of getting phenibut and trying it so I can atleast try,id only do it for 7 days to get over the hump will it help?as im desperate to get off this curse of an opiate habit
im prescribed 2400mg of gabapentin already and have a tolerance to it iv orderd 50gran of phenibut and defo don't want addicted to it so would I be alright taken it for 7days with the gabapentin then stopping the pheibut and carrying on with the gabbas after words would the combination of the gabbas and phen get me by the first 7 days of the brutal opiate withdrawal easir? cheers jock

Phenibut and gabapentin are cross tolerant so if you stay on gabapentin you won't experience withdrawals anyway. Although phenibut also has GABA-B agonism which is a separate mechanism of action, so taking it too long would produce addition dependence to some degree. 7 days is probably fine. Don't overdo the phenibut as it will make the muscle soreness worse.

Phenibut works for me pretty well to suppress opioid withdrawals. If I'm in withdrawals then take phenibut then I'll feel considerable improvement in both mental and physical symptoms for like 24-36 hours. It doesn't eliminate them completely but does help to reduce them quite a bit.

But like Xorkoth pointed out: if i take too much phenibut then I can get odd sensations/pain in the legs that feels similar to rls. My sweet spot is usually around 1.2-1.5g of phenibut. Any more and I get rls, I feel too groggy and nauseous.

Unfortunately when the phenibut wears off I tend to experience a rebound of symptoms for a couple days. So it can help for a couple days but then for a couple days after that symptoms are worse then they would have been had I not taken anything. So its not always worth it for me.