• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Phenibut for benzo withdrawal?

axe battler

Moderator: SLR, EADD
Staff member
Will this help? I'll also get zopiclone for sleep. It's not so much getting off gabaergics but benzos specifically.
Currently just take 1-2mg clonazepam a day and zopiclone at night. I imagine the phenibut will help yes?

benzos help with the withdrawal from many substances. unfortunately the inverse is not true. a slow taper and advil is the only good way to get off. alcohol, phenibut, etc might make you feel better for a minute. but you will be much worse once they wear off.

I've enough to taper a little. 2mg isn't a huge amount and think I could even cold turkey but obviously not comfortably. Maybe I'll go to ,1mg a few days then .5 the rest then use phenibut to help with the rattle.
I need to be off asap and have CTd higher doses without seizures etc just insomnia. I have zopiclone tho and can continue taking that in theory. It's just my DSP is on me about benzo positives

Phenibut doesn't help too much with benzo withdrawal and can actually exacerbate the restlessness.

High dose inositol might help (not sure) and ashwagandha can take edge off.

But nothing really helps benzo withdrawal too much. Pregabalin is probably the best thing but will result in a pregabalin habit (which kind of sucks).

Phenibut doesn't help too much with benzo withdrawal and can actually exacerbate the restlessness.

High dose inositol might help (not sure) and ashwagandha can take edge off.

But nothing really helps benzo withdrawal too much. Pregabalin is probably the best thing but will result in a pregabalin habit (which kind of sucks).

I have never used it for benzo withdrawal but I doubt it would help much at all. Taking high doses would also be a bad idea as it has produced psychosis and hallucinations in me.

It does not help at all for alcohol.

Maybe just small doses of zopiclone then as I need to be off benzos as I said not all Gabaergics. It's a UA situation. I have to get off benzos and if it means taking zopiclone that's fine

Maybe just small doses of zopiclone then as I need to be off benzos as I said not all Gabaergics. It's a UA situation. I have to get off benzos and if it means taking zopiclone that's fine
Yeah. Sounds like it will be better without the phenibut. Your BL " fam ' is rootin' for ya,

Phenibut only has some slight action on GABAa in very high doses... very high doses of phenibut are very unpleasant and would be exacerbated by benzo withdrawal.

yeah, it would definitely help you sleep - definitely avoid the phenibut

Can I ask why everyone is telling me to avoid phenibut? It's long lasting and anxiolytic (sp) and I can take it whenever. Even in small doses and with zopiclone for sleep and even to take in emergencies...

Rather than taper I suppose I mean replace... To an extent of course as I know clonazepam is a much stronger drug.

Can I ask why everyone is telling me to avoid phenibut? It's long lasting and anxiolytic (sp) and I can take it whenever. Even in small doses and with zopiclone for sleep and even to take in emergencies...
It's not that phenibut would necessarily be bad... it's that taking too much would lead to a very very very bad day for you. It's also not going to help the wds really. You might be tempted to take too much. I always am. I ALWAYS take too much phenibut and OD. It's hard for me not to see someone in your situation do the same.

phenibut lasts over 24 hours and it's so easy to have a cumulative overdose over several days

I used to love phenibut until I overdosed like 4-5 times. I don't hate it now I just don't like it as much as I used to.

It's kinda a janky drug tbh, it's not very recreational IMO and the withdrawals are wayyyy worse than the high it provides.

It's best used as a tool for social anxiety or something, IMO.

Not to mention I start having crazy visual hallucinations if I take large doses more than 3 days in a row (it's known to cause psychosis)

Wow thanks I'll near that in mind mate. Just I've been taking phenibut a couple times a day in medium doses for a couple of weeks now.
I agree it's more of an anti anxiety tool than anything else.
I'll continue taking it in small doses and won't try to mitigate my clonazepam withdrawal with it.
I'll use zopiclone for sleep and try and get some hydroxyzine from the doc as I've been bugging him for something for ages now but never though of that and as it's non habit forming I shouldn't see why they wouldn't prescibe it. Shit when you have to be your own fucking doctor! Why didn't they think of hydroxyzine!? Perhaps cos I'm on methadone?

Wow thanks I'll near that in mind mate. Just I've been taking phenibut a couple times a day in medium doses for a couple of weeks now.
I agree it's more of an anti anxiety tool than anything else.
I'll continue taking it in small doses and won't try to mitigate my clonazepam withdrawal with it.
I'll use zopiclone for sleep and try and get some hydroxyzine from the doc as I've been bugging him for something for ages now but never though of that and as it's non habit forming I shouldn't see why they wouldn't prescibe it. Shit when you have to be your own fucking doctor! Why didn't they think of hydroxyzine!? Perhaps cos I'm on methadone?

Also keep in mind that I was taking only 500mg per day for several months and had withdrawals from that amount :(, not that bad but definitely noticeable

I'll continue using it in small doses to avoid being in phenibut WD's at the same time.
Then when I'm out of the woods from the clonazepam I'll do a slow taper and try and use the phenibut irregularly.