• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

phenibut: can sporadic binging with breaks still lead to kindling?

speedlimitssuck89

Greenlighter
With phenibut and gabapentinoids, Would you need to be dosing daily for at least a week+ straight or more (which is what I see more often)? Or could it happen from sporadic uses, like 1-3 days at at time on a somewhat regular schedule, but with breaks in between?

some info: phenibut is pretty much the only thing that gets rid of my anhedonia, chronic pain and depression and makes life worthwhile. It's arguably what's allowed me to not blow my head off the past 2 years, and I've been quite responsible with it in general to maintain benefits and lessen risk. usually I take it at 3.5grams once a week, sometimes once every 2 weeks, and I'll take a 2 week break every month or so.

It's helped me get thru this first semester back at college, but seemingly at a bit of a cost. I last dosed 11/19, and had a bit of a rebound so took a 2 week break until last thursday. Felt the effects pretty good, but got overzealous and went on a binge: big doses thursday, some friday and more saturday, followed by a lot of pregabalin sunday. Binged on adderall the whole time like an idiot and ended up very sleep deprived as well...yet I've had a lot of trouble sleeping the past 2 nights. Started getting hit with rebound monday night (restless, sad, empty, shitty sleep), all of yesterday had borderline unbearable restlessness. Still slept shitty today even after taking some carisoprodol last night which did help w/ sleep and I do NOT think it is making any possible rebound worse. I was going to drink (have not used benzos of alcohol in weeks) friday night for an event before taking a break from gabaergics for at least 2 weeks - is this a bad idea?

My question is this: Can semi-sporadic binge pattern use still cause kindling and will I need to essentially put phenibut and all other gabaergics away now? At my relatively mild level of use, is there any way to regain the benefits without risking worse withdrawal?

My main rebound symptoms are bad restlessness, poor focus/brain fog, feeling empty and hopeless and really bad insomnia. No seizures, anxiety, shaking, tremors or anything; just constant discomfort. Thanks. I do not think I have ever had full on withdrawal symptoms.

It's just so hard because all of these antidepressants do fuck all and it's not psychological or cognitively based; been thru a ton of therapies and doesn't help, my mindset is solid and I see life realistically. It's like phenibut is my saving angel that is actually intending to take me to hell and torture me. I thought I could be safe by never using daily and taking regular breaks...

OP is having some anxiety over this so if anyone knows anything about his questions he would be more than happy to get some advice. <3

Never use phenibut more than once a week at 1.5g per dose, supplement with a bit of alcohol and benzos like Valium with a long half life. Smoking Cbd heavy weed or taking Cbd orally should help. Melatonin before bed at 2.5mg should help. Best of luck!