• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Phenethylamine HCL (PEA) Addiction

RavingBoomer

Greenlighter
Anyone have any experience with this? I think Corona changed me to take cheap drugs and this fit the bill very will. I had a good experince with it but I have a bad comedown now with it, I use with an MAOI (Seleguline) and it just makes my days pass and gives me the same sort of effect adderall did, lost time. It also hurts my stomach, I heard that it is very basic so I mixed it with lemon juice or coffee to make it less basic. I think it is very caustic and hurts my stomach. It helps my pain but I get hooked onto it very easily. I shared it with my friends but nobody gets addicted to it like me, its descibed as doing nothing most of the time and a very tired feeling. I think it is producing serotonin in my stomach because its an irritant and causing me stomach pain.

Is there anyone who had long term useage with it and have any suggestions how to recover from it? I am ok when I am away from my supply but I feel very tired, and even taking adderall feels like nothing so there seems to be a bit of cross tolerance.

what kind of doses are you taking? I had no idea this was even a thing I thought it was minimally psychoactive even in large doses?

Do you have withdrawal or just bad comedowns?

What's your diet like?

if you are taking grams of this stuff every day that's going to be very hard on your body over time, on a chemical level this stuff is probably just as hard on your body as psychoactive phenethylamines

Last edited:
I've tried the selegine + phenethylamine combo a few times. While it definitely is a world of difference then phenethylamine alone and does produce an something resembling a sort of vague combination of amphetamine/meth like effects, the comedown is fast and brutal. The comedown reminds me a high dose propylhexedrine comedown, although of a shorter duration. Sort of an intense anxiety, dysphoria with a particularly strong feeling of depression. Even the good part feels dirty and side-effects ridden.

Even massive doses of phenethylamine alone don't resemble the more amphetamine like effect of the selegine + phenethylamine combo. 3-5g of phenethylamine produces this physical body high/body load, so much so you just have to sit down and ride it out. I can't remind what doses of phenethylamine i used with selegine, but it was far less.

Was not a fan, the comedown was awful, and its is tricky business playing around with irreversible MAO-B inhibitors as it can take weeks to return to homostasis after fooling with these. The last time i tried this "experiment" i remember having a particularly horrible wrist-slittingly depressive comedown which eventually subsided, then later that i drink a glass a wine and my head starts feeling like its going to explode from some sort of internal pressure (seemed to have had enough selegine in my blood and sufficient tyramine in the wine to produce a nasty effect). And that was my last time trying to interfere with my body's process of oxidizing monoamines, seems as though the monoamines are better left oxidized (at least me in case).

You should stop before you have a stroke or a heart attack.

PEA is not physically addictive from my experience but I also didn't use it with a MAOI. IMO poly drug use like that just causes more issues and why I avoid stuff potentiators in general

I would just take a break and give it some time.

Really dangerous to use selegiline along with phenethylamine. You could have a hypertensive crisis and a stroke. I agree with negrogesic. It's way compulsive and the high has a negative load to it. Also there are stories of people using this combo, then stopping to horrible withdrawals that don't remit even after years and after being on adderall.

what kind of doses are you taking? I had no idea this was even a thing I thought it was minimally psychoactive even in large doses?

Do you have withdrawal or just bad comedowns?

What's your diet like?

if you are taking grams of this stuff every day that's going to be very hard on your body over time, on a chemical level this stuff is probably just as hard on your body as psychoactive phenethylamines

PEA, when taken in multiple grams, even without an MAOI, is quite active, though it lasts a very short time. I remember when I tried it, I took like 3 grams or something (can't remember for sure) and felt like I was peaking on MDMA for like 15 minutes, so euphoric. Then it wore off very fast and left me feeling a bit sketchy. But it was very strong for that brief time and for 15 minutes I thought I'd found the best thing ever.