• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Pharmahuasca, but with irreversible MAOIs

doxylamine

Greenlighter
So I haven?t contributed a lot to this forum yet but a few may recognise that I?ve mentioned being Rx?d an irreversible MAO inhibitor - Tranylcypromine.

I?ve smoked a lot of DMT in the past but only a few times since commencing this medication and only at low sub-breakthrough doses. The effect on potency and duration has been profound but I?m somewhat scared to go deeper than I have in the past due to reading in some places that DMT interacts with SERT and has serotonin releasing properties.

While I?ve not experienced anything indicative of a serotonin syndrome at these lower doses (and I have experienced serotonin syndrome in the past) I am curious to know if anyone has any idea what the likelihood of trouble I may encounter will be by aiming for a breakthrough experience. I am not keen to see endure serotonin syndrome while in hyperspace in a state where I am unable to even tell my trip sitter that something is wrong.

All input welcome and appreciated. It?s really hard to get any clear indication of the safety of this combination. Almost all information I can find regarding MAO inhibitors and DMT is either about reversible MAO-A selective inhibitors such as harmala alkaloids or Moclobemide. There seems to be a serious lack of information regarding DMTs safety in combination with unselective irreversible MAO inhibitors.