• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Pharmacology: Transdermal DMT experiments work, 2019 study: fresh cutting aloe vera gel 95% effective as DMSO

tregar

Bluelighter
Trip report from 11-23-2021:
Have not used DMT in over two months, so zero tolerance. SUPER IMPRESSED. Feel like I actually received an oral 30mg dose of DMT at 1 hour as if I had taken it with harmine! Magnificent open eyed beauty, colors are incredible. As what is expected at 1 hour for 50% absorption. Music sounds great! I would assume even way better than 50% absorption at 1 hour, due to the much low molecular weight of DMT at 188 g/mol compared to lidocaine at 232 g/mol. Love this!

Update: 1.5 hours later, study indicates close to 85% absorption, but since dmt so much lower in weight, probably even better than that. I am tripping very nicely, having the time of my life, pupils fully dilated like silver dollars, heart rate increased, DMT buzz carrier wave felt, definitely feels just like 70mg oral dmt at this point, wow. Love this so much. Watching Emily in Paris (season 2, episode 3, 6 minutes in 6 naked boobies at a spa watch)... and the Witcher on neflix 4k, blown away. I freaking love the Witcher, seen 7 episodes of season 2 already.

Only trip once very 2 weeks, so as I learn more about this transdermal, will post more, made an exception tonight, very impressed! Just found my new preferred method of administration, even over sublingual. No discomfort.

Update: next day: Had an amazing experience! After the DMT wore off (arrived at baseline at 3 hour point), long afterglow all evening and before drifting off to sleep viewed fast changing scenery of pyramids and architecture and what looked like lost ruins before they were ruined & elaborate stone carvings depicting fascinating artwork. I was not expecting any of that. The remnants of the DMT still continued to "light up" and "slightly colorize" the THH visions.

Several weeks from now on next journey, definitely will add in 35mg sublingual harmine (equal to around x6 or 210mg oral harmine but without the dizziness) next time held under tongue (absorbs in less than 10 minutes) at the same time as beginning the transdermal, or add the 35mg harmine in with the transdermal, have not decided yet...this works along with the THH to greatly block DMT's intraneuronal uptake, and hence, its inactivation by MAO, localized in mitochondria within the neurons of the brain, strength is increased greatly as is the duration half-life to a full 90 minutes, based on my past 44 sublingual experiences. This will surely be included next time.

Why do I do this? Even though I have taken Ayahuasca x over 75 times in the past, I can not tolerate oral harmine anymore, when I combine it with oral DMT and oral THH, even though there is zero nausea, I feel anxiety, like I just want it to end, the dizziness even at 150mg harmine bothers me greatly, and I "feel nausea" like feelings even though not nauseated, just a general feeling of un-ease the whole time, and just keep saying over and over "I want this end".

I don't like oral DMT, but DMT used sublingually or transdermally is incredible, it feels great! zero nausea, zero dizziness, zero anxiety, zero un-easy feelings, it feels so much like mescaline when used transdermally or sublingually combined with the oral THH + sublingual 35mg harmine for hours on end. Maybe this is because the dmt does not have to go thru the stomach, I don't know the answer, but it is a complete 180 degree change from oral DMT, just phenomenal experience when used transdermal or sublingual. Highly recommend for sensitive individuals like myself. Works extremely well!

Next time in 2 weeks: 350mg oral pure THH, 120mg transdermal DMT, 35mg sublingual harmine.
Summary:

350mg pure THH taken orally 1 hour earlier. A dosage between 150mg and 300mg works very well. 150mg is average dosage found in 1 cup of Ayahuasca tea. Note: Dr. Mckenna theorized & found THH most likely prevents & slows down inactivation of DMT by MAO, localized in mitochondria within the neurons of the brain. THH has a half-life of 10.5 hours with peak at 5.25 hour.

Have years of experience with pure THH, and believe it does most certainly do this quite well. It allows DMT to stay in the synapses much longer before being zapped.

70mg DMT freebase mixed into 4 drops warm everclear on a spoon, completely dissolved, then 0.75ml fresh from cutting aloe vera gel (just like 2019 study) mixed for 2 minutes using end of another spoon into yellow/orange transparent everclear, applied and rubbed orange/yellow tinted invisible gel from spoon into one entire forearm, it works!

+ 35mg sublingual or transdermal harmine fb (half life 1 to 3 hours) to arrive at a strong journey, no sublingual sting at all...both Ayahuasca ingredients are necessary to prevent the zapping or inactivation of DMT by MAO, localized in mitochondria within the neurons of the brain.

--> This allows the slow-rising DMT levels to remain potent and ramp up, just as if you were sipping a hot mescaline containing cactus tea over 1.5 hour <--

I use 35mg sublingual harmine freebase (dissolves in less than 10 minutes) under tongue when beginning the transdermal, or mix the 35mg harmine into the dmt/everclear/fresh aloe gel transdermal formula and apply all at the same time for max strength and duration. If you don't mind oral harmine, you can even take a 120mg dose or more orally. Jonathan Ott found 120mg oral harmine to be the minimum for activating DMT for a 160lb person. 140mg harmine for a person who weighs around 200 lbs.

35mg harmine used sublingually has approximately x6 or same potency as 210mg oral harmine. (This is very important: harmine also prevents and slows down zapping of DMT by the brain cell mitochondria, see ref section). Transdermal Journey: same approximate strength as oral dmt dose. Sublingual Journey: Higher potency than oral dmt dose, effects begin 22 minutes after sublingual application (15 minutes to completely absorb under tongue). Both: zero dizziness, zero anxiety, zero nausea.

* This everclear/dmt/35mg harmine/aloe gel combination can even be used sublingually (held under tongue for 15 minutes) by the brave who can withstand the sting. I have no problem with this but many others may not be able to. Attached studies show aloe vera gel increases sublingual/buccal penetration by four factors.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are some important tips:

You need to first dissolve your dmt into everclear. 100mg dmt dissolves into 0.25 ml alcohol, which is 5 drops of everclear but I use 6 drops.

1) I like to dunk the mixing spoon in a mug of microwaved boiling hot water, and let it sit for a minute before I add the ingredients to the hot spoon for mixing/mashing. This way it heats up everything nice and warm while mixing. I highly suggest though that you use a hot spoon, surface of spoon should read 100 to 110 degree F or more...this enhances dmt absorption into the everclear.

Ethanol boils off at 173 degree F, experiment with placing spoon over a lighter or candle for a brief period (a few seconds) to warm up the everclear. This is what I now do, the everclear in the spoon should read at least 110 degree F before you add the dmt. I use a temp probe.

2) Here is a pic of 100mg DMT freebase dissolved into 6 drops of room temp everclear (95% ethanol). Use the end of another spoon to crush it all into the everclear, dissolves in less than 30 seconds, you can see only less than 5% of powder remains. But remember to use warm everclear for best results.

3) Then add your 1ml of fresh from aloe plant cutting gel for 100mg, or use 0.75ml for 75mg dmt, use 0.5ml for 50mg dmt. Use a 1ml calibrated medicine pipette (glass dropper) from the drugstore, just like the pic to suck up your gel. Then mix the everclear dissolved DMT and aloe gel all together on the spoon, it forms a yellow to orange invisible gel to rub into your forearm.

I forgot to mention, but the way I got my thick gel was like this: I would scoop all the insides out of the cuttings using a very large spoon...and place the collected mass into a 1/2 pint wide jar held up top and press down on the mass using a spoon, and let the thick gel fall out from behind the spoon below into a collection jar, see pic in earlier post. You will collect from several pounds of cuttings around 2 to 3 jars of mass, but in the end only 1/2 of a pint jar of thick gel after all the pressing.

Note: Only use the gel that slowly oozes/collects into the bottom jar, keep it frozen when not in use, it keeps for 6 months, but only 7 days in the fridge due to oxidation, take your jar of gel out of freezer the day before and let it defrost in the fridge the day you plan to use it. Never use store bought gel, they add antioxidants and thickening polymers to the gel to try to keep it potent and fresh, but this will hinder your transdermal efforts.

Ethanol is also a potent transdermal agent (and the only transdermal ingredient) used by Ergopharm years ago in their top selling androspray when mixed with 4-androstenediol powder and applied to forearm for bodybuilders. Not to mention ethanol kills germs on the forearm should there be any.

Ethanol is also well known as a topical penetration enhancer and may be used in transdermal delivery systems [16 on-line references, see attached paper by Lachenmeier]. Bommannan et al. [82] found in vivo in humans that ethanol enters the skin and removes measurable quantities of the lipid barrier material from the stratum corneum.

Yes, I always use 300 to 350mg THH 1 hour before I do this. But please don't forget to add in a bit of harmine by one of 3 application methods (you choose: sublingual, transdermal or oral). I promise you this kicks ass at 45 minutes in, and at 1.5 hours I feel like I have gotten a full dosage of an equivalent dosage of oral dmt, I have not used DMT in over 2 months, so maybe that's why it worked so well.

To ensure it works well, place 35mg of freebase harmine under your tongue when you begin the transdermal process...the harmine being such a low dose absorbs under tongue in 10 minutes or less, this is just like taking (35mg x 6) or 210mg oral harmine, but it works very well without the dizziness...or you can try to mix in 35mg of the harmine along with the transdermal everclear/aloe dmt and apply both at same time to your forearm (my next experiment 2 weeks from now). I have to decide whether to use sublingual harmine or transdermal harmine. Don't know yet.

The harmine slows down the zapping of the DMT by the mitochondria located within the cells in the brain, so it extends the half life and strength of the DMT dramatically, as does the THH:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
References:

Dennis Mckenna Ph.D:
Thus, tetrahydroharmine may prolong the half-life of DMT by blocking it's intraneuronal uptake, and hence, its inactivation by MAO, localized in mitochondria within the neuron.

Jamie, posted : 11/23/2012 8:29:28 PM:
You can't compare sublingual or oral either..20-30mg sublingual harmine is enough to activate sublingual DMT and cause effects on it's own. 20mg sublingual is probably comparable to 200mg oral.

Dr. Narang:
The absorption of drugs through the sublingual route is 3 to 10 times greater than oral route and is surpassed by hypodermic injection

House (5/3/2012):
Then a couple years later I messily spilled DMT saturated limonene on my skin and it was very active just like oral DMT in intensity and effects, no harmalas were needed. Please note that limonene is bad for your skin, so don't try that!

Aloe vera gel and whole leaf extract study, Laux, Gouws, Hamman 2019 (attached):
Fresh from cutting aloe vera gel polysaccharides such as acemannan open tight junctions and consequently enhance paracellular transport of drug molecules. Aloe vera gel had the highest enhancement ratio of 2.6 of all transdermal test solutions (page 1284 A. Laux et al). Opening of tight junctions & a pull effect was proposed as a potential mechanism by which the transdermal delivery of the drug compounds was enhanced.

5 drops everclear not only dissolves 100mg dmt fb, but Ethanol as a penetration enhancer, 2008 Lachenmeier, Page 4 of 16:
Ethanol is also well known as a topical penetration enhancer and may be used in transdermal delivery systems [65-81]. Bommannan et al. [82] found in vivo in humans that ethanol enters the skin and removes measurable quantities of the lipid barrier material from the stratum corneum.

This lipid extraction may lower the skin barrier function and render the membrane more permeable, which is the most likely explanation for the effect of ethanol as a skin penetration enhancer. Kai et al. [83] and van der Merwe et al. [84] confirmed those results.

Goates et al. [85] additionally remarked that enhanced permeation may be caused not only by extraction of lipids but also of proteins from human skin in the presence of aqueous alcohol solutions. The mechanism of ethanol as a skin permeation enhancer was described to be a so-called 'pull'or 'drag' effect, which means that the permeation of theenhancer subsequently facilitates that of the solute (in the sense of a simple co-permeation) [79,80].

This transdermal when first taking 150 to 350mg THH an hour earlier orally, and also taking 35mg of harmine sublingually when you begin the transdermal (or use it along with your transdermal) does indeed work as well as an oral dosage of DMT for me, and I will continue to use this the rest of my life. Super-impressed.
:wub:

DMSO = 85.4% absorption of lidocaine thru skin to bloodstream when mixed with in 2 hours
Aloe vera fresh gel = 79% absorption of lidocaine thru skin to bloodstream when mixed with in 2 hours

DMSO = 53% absorption of lidocaine thru skin to bloodstream when mixed with in 1 hour
Aloe vera fresh gel = 50% absorption of lidocaine thru skin to bloodstream when mixed with in 1 hour.

Lidocaine = 234 g/mol (high molecular weight) vs DMT 188 g/mol and harmine 212 g/mol, both much lower molecular weight = much faster and better efficiency of penetration of drug when mixed with and taken orally, sublingually or transdermally, perhaps approaching beyond 90% penetration of drug in much less of the time. The lower the molecular weight, the faster and better the penetration.

1) Attached 2019 study: "Evaluation of dimethylsulfoxide and Aloe vera as penetration enhancers for cutaneous application of lidocaine" by Mangesh A. Bhutkar, Somnath D Bhinge, Dheeraj S Randive, Omprasad Nayakal, Prajakta Patil, Rajarambapu college of Pharmacy, India:

Page 86:
Leaves of Aloe Vera were collected from local areas of India. Spikes and margins were removed carefully before slicing the leaf. the cortex was carefully separated fromm the parenchyma using a scalpel-shaped knife. Aloe vera gel was extracted by a simple drain procedure, where 2-4 leaves of aloe were cut at about 1/2" from the base so as to drain out all the yellow sap material. the sap flows freely with the pressure of the epidermal cells and all other cellular structures above it. then those leaves were further pressurized with hands till it oozed out clear gel. This procedure was very crude and time consuming as well, but gel obtained by this method was more stable and less degraded then other extraction.

2) Attached 2008 study: "Ethanol as a penetration enhancer, Safety evaluation of topical applications of ethanol on the skin and oral cavity", by Lachenmeier. See page 4 of 16 on strong penetration enhancement.

3) Attached 2011 study: "Sublingual mucosa as a route for systemic drug delivery" by Dr. Narang

4) Attached 2018 study: "Pharmaceutics drug bioavailability enhancing agents" by Peterson, Weyers, Steenekamp Stey, Gouws Hamman, see pages 3 and 17-18 on aloe vera gel penetration enhancement.

5) Attached 2019 study: "Aloe vera gel and whole leaf extract functional and versatile excipients for drug delivery" by Laux, Gouws & Hamman

6) This is my counter-argument to the "dmt will be absorbed too slowly argument". I have taken high dose cactus tea around 200 times in the past, and extracted mescaline before this at least 50 times, many times I had read that mescaline doses could be taken to reduce nausea by placing into 75mg caps, and taking a capsule every 1/2 hour, till you reach the desired 300mg dose, I personally used this method countless times, and it does indeed work, the mescaline dose builds on top each earlier dose till at the 2.5 hour point (last 75mg dose taken at the 2 hour point) you are tripping hardcore as if you had all 300mg in you at once, and yes, you avoid the nausea this way as your stomach becomes accustomed to the lower doses over a larger time frame.

Not only that, but countless times, I have sipped on cactus tea slowly for a 1 hour period, as the taste is so horrible. I would keep it hot on the stove, and pour off a bit to drink every so often, again, the dose builds up until you are finished, and works about 90% as well as if you had taken it all at once.

IMHO, DMT works similar to mescaline in regards to the transdermal...it builds up in the system, and with the help of 300mg oral THH and 35mg harmine sublingual or transdermal dose, you prevent the dmt from being zapped by the mitochondria in the cells of the brain, extending the strength and duration many factors over.

Re-read the original Transdermal DMT thread, and you will find a couple people posted a very mild 3 hour trip report this way, arriving at baseline by the 3rd hour, one person even reported feeling the DMT carrier wave buzz for an hour or so...this has been my time-line experience with a single transdermal dose. But again they were not using ethanol/fresh aloe gel mixed into DMT to form a transparent gel/oral THH/sublingual or transdermal harmine to arrive at a strong journey: they lacked the 4 essential ingredients to getting this to work just like the potency of a similar oral dose.

4) Weight lifters have used DMSO currently & in the past to transfer the hormone powders 4-androstenediol (molecular weight or mass of 290 g/mol), trenbolone (mass of 270 g/mol) and testosterone base (mass of 288g/mol) into the bloodstream within 30 minutes time once applied to skin with great efficiency, and DMT is even lower in mass (188 g/mol) than those 3 alkaloids.

Legendary trainer to the pro-bodybuilders Dan Duchaine (nutrition and steroid guru) was the first to popularize the crushing of farm animal "20mg trenbolone finaplix pellets," which used to be available at every corner livestock store over the counter, then mixing the resulting powder with a small amount of DMSO on a spoon.

You can even hold spoon over a candle to help it all dissolve 100%, rubbing liquid once cool onto a small area of the body, and 45 minutes later, blood levels would spike to astronomical levels with trenbolone, maintaining the muscle building and mental effects for many hours. Trenbolone is the world's strongest steroid. He detailed all this in an old issue of "Muscle Media 2000" . It was their hottest selling issue ever. I tried it back then several times, and it works VERY well. You get super jacked quick, and it has strong mental effects, and really did work in only 45 minutes.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Even with my oral 300mg THH taken 1 hour earlier + sublingual 60 to 140mg HPBCD DMT journeys (over 44 of them over a year's time) I noticed when I added in the 35mg sublingual harmine with the sublingual HPBCD DMT, that the strength and duration of the DMT trip extended to a full 90 minutes, with awesome strength:

First of all there was a deep head space, profound spiritual insights and revelations. I was seeing curtains of visuals in the doorway, closed eye neon spinning & dancing geometrics, music enhancement incredible, out of this world impossible neon colors (like neon yellow-purple) flashing on the walls, some times these colors on the walls would break up into fine lines like lazer beams, and paste themselves like hundreds of beams broadcast on the walls, concentric circle rings in the air, powerful lightening like tracers.

Open eyed beauty so over the top & infinite, actresses in movies looked like glowing, dazzling, super-colorful, cartoon versions of themselves, just like with high dose cactus tea, also zero anxiety just like mescaline. Euphoria was powerful, just like with high dose cactus tea.

Again with the sublingual: pupil dilation maxed out, strong tryptamine body buzz high frequency, heavy CEV imagery, open eyed beauty profound, music sounds incredible.

On my very first 300mg oral THH + sublingual 60mg HPBCD DMT combined with 35mg sublingual harmine fb trip with 2 sublingual re-doses at each 1.5 hour mark (had not used DMT in several months)....all the way till 5am in the morning I was seeing closed eye visions of slow and high speed movies...I saw brightly colored serpents, dungeons I traveled thru, many Mesoamerican pyramids, women of incredible beauty, Japanese landscapes, dancing geometrics, many different animals on a rotating globe, walking on the planet-like globe as it spun, hundreds of visions like slow and high-speed movies over the course of many hours.

I wore headphones and listened to music the whole time, as the music sounded just like if I had taken a very strong cactus tea.

I saw the interiors of many magnificent homes, exposed like a camera flash went off, then off to the next home interior, bizarre alien looking creatures, I saw ancient ruins but they were seen as they were before they fell apart. All sorts of architectural wonders appeared that I could not make out exactly what time period they were from.

All the visions were enchanting & manifested incredible beauty. The multi-colored beautiful serpents kept appearing several times in different forms, as if they have some prominence to do with it all, two of them had shining skin covered in gold scales and intertwined like DNA, reminds me of the Aztec quetzalcoatl myth, the "serpent of precious feathers."

...all of these visions were brightly colored due to the sublingual DMT/harmine and oral THH combo all night long..it was one of the most powerful psychedelic experiences of my life...and I've taken Ayahuasca x 70 times, cactus 200 times, etc...I have never had over 5 hours of non-stop CEV visions anything close to what I saw that first night.

All in all, the 90 to 120mg sublingual HPBCD dmt trips combined with the 300 to 350mg oral THH with the 35mg harmine fb added in sublingually to the sublingual HPBCD DMT were very similar to high dose 500 to 600mg mescaline.

Give the harmine a try either add it in sublingual or transdermal. I also always took 300mg or more THH 1 hour before beginning the sublingual journeys. I kept a written journal of all my sublingual trips, fills up a small notebook. Many of them +5 Shulgin strength (90 to 120mg DMT), the transdermal has the capability to do the same imho.

Pic1: 100mg dmt freebase dissolved into 0.25ml or 5 to 6 drops room-temp everclear on a spoon (but use warm everclear), then add your 1ml fresh from plant thick aloe gel for 100mg dmt.

Pic2: Ergopharm's top selling 95% ethanol based 4-androstenediol Androspray, Ethanol mixed with 4-ad converted into testosterone in the bloodstream due to enzyme activity when sprayed onto forearm, patent granted to Chemist Patrick Arnold, sold for 10 years until pro-hormones made illegal. Ergopharm had sales in the millions.

Pic3: How to harvest the gel from the insides of the plant, place insides of plant into top jar, press down with spoon, collection jar on bottom collects the potent, thick fresh clear aloe vera gel which oozes out just like what was used in the 2019 study from India.

Pic4: Observe from study top F3 and F6 graph, which is the dmso vs fresh from plant aloe vera gel, nearly 85% absorption at 2 hours, but dmt much lower molecular weight than lidocaine, DMT could be as high as 90% or more, in much less of the time.

Pic5: Harvesting the fresh gel from several pounds of aloe vera cuttings, use razor to slit down sides of leaves and to remove top layer, scoop insides of leaf out into a 1/2 pint jar. Then hold & press down on the jar contents over another jar so gel oozes out into the bottom collection 1/2 pint jar. Followed directions just like the 2019 study from India.

Pic6: 2.3 grams dmt from 170g bark used for the transdermal experiments, transdermal drug pathway.

Cuttings already had the aloin (yellow sap) removed. Drain it off first and dispose if using direct from plant. Aloin (also known as Aloe latex or Anthraquinones) comes from a thin layer of yellow sap that separates the outer rind from the inner gel-like portion of the leaf and acts as the laxative component.

zzz transdermal, sublingual pics 1.JPG

zzz 2.3g dmt used for experiments, transdermal drug pathway.JPG

Attached File Dimethylsulfoxide vs Aloe vera as penetration enhancers for cutaneous application of lidocaine.pdf 385KB 2 downloads
Attached File Ethanol as a penetration enhancer by Lachenmeier, 2008.pdf 498.81KB 2 downloads
Attached File Sublingual mucosa as a route for systemic drug delivery.pdf 240.7KB 2 downloads
Attached File Pharmaceutics drug bioavailability enhancing agents.pdf 2.19MB 2 downloads
Attached File Aloe vera gel and whole leaf extract functional and versatile excipients for drug delivery.pdf 940.88KB 2 downloads

zzz transdermal pics.JPG

Last edited: