View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Pharmaceuticals & Psycheledics/Empathogens

Fulgore

Greenlighter
Good Evening/Morning - depending on what side of the world you are waking up on.

I've been meaning to write this thread for some time and I really hope that it generates some interesting & knowledgeable responses, and perhaps help others get a handle on what really interacts with what.

SWIM used to (Many years ago) trip with Psilocybe's and had some very meaningful and transfomative experiences thereon. Further back SWIM used Methylenedioxymethamphetamine and had some good times, although couldn't really bring as much back as they could from the former.

Since this time and many years past, SWIM is looking to test the water under a different landscape. SWIM has for the last two years been suffering with a severe chronic ailment affecting their TMJ/Jaw Joint and henceforth their entire body. They have been prescribed and are taking all manner of Pharmaceuticals as part of an overall pain management strategy, and based on the length of time they have had the condition, expect to be taking these same or similar drugs for the foreseeable future....
:
- Amitryptaline/Elavil 50mg - 150mg daily per need
- Pregabalin/Lyrica 300mg per day
- Codeine 0-60mg per four hours as per need
- Baclofen 10mg once or twice a day

Now Swim know that some of these pharmaceuticals twiddle with (either directly or indirectly) some of the same neurological circuitry as do Tryptamines/Phenethylamine's and may hence have a potentiating or dampening
against this pharmacological landscape.

SMIM wonders primarily being on this cocktail of how it will effect their chances of having a positive reaction to Psychedelics/Empathogens again? For a bonus point: How would SWIM's chemical background effect these experiences either for better or worse.=?

Thanks for taking the time to read this post, even if you weren't able to add anything into the mix at this time...
Best, Me.

I don't think the baclofen or codeine will have any effect. As for the other two I think the only thing you can do is "suck it and see". Perhaps mushrooms might not be quite as good as if you wern't taking them but they could still be plenty good enough.

Amityptaline is a 5 HT antagonist and will probably dull your trip, along with all the other medications your on I doubt you'll have any significant effect with any 5 HT2a agonists like LSD or mushrooms.

Thanks Ismene & iLLCiD for your input. Based on this advice I will advise SWIM that any other Serotonergic Psychedelics such as Mescaline & DMT would also be out, I'm guessing MDMA also be out for SWIM due to risk of Serotonin Syndrome.

What do you think about Phenethylaminergic Psychedelics in this regard? SWIM ingested 2C-B previously and found it enjoyable - there is a whole thread on Shroomery about 2C psychedelics and, while I don't want to start a new one here, I would appreciate the input of this community in that regard.

Thanks again,
SWIY.

The amitryptaline and the GABA-ergics will dull your trip.

Codeine however combines VERY nicely with psychedelics (especially 2C-E)... the synergy is beautiful.