Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Pharmaceutical News 2013

Permanent Jones

Bluelighter
Hello my fellow BL'ers,
Today when I went to fill my usual script for oxymorphone er 15mg, I was informed that there is currently a pretty serious shortage. With some Google research, I found out that these are on backorder for an unknown reason and were supposed to be available again in late January. Anyone else having trouble getting their script filled?

Wow, so this hasn't happened to anyone else? Well, maybe not yet in the BL community. The pharmacist said others have run this problem, too. I've solved it, though, and now have the rest of my meds :). Once again, all's well that ends well. If anybody out there takes Actavis oxymorphone er 15's and is fond of that particular brand, BTW, do keep an eye out for another generic er 15 made by Mallinckrodt. Those tablets are a little different.

Just thought I'd put that out there in case any fellow BLers happen to encounter this situation. Maybe it will help someone.

i say we make a thread for any pharm news. like the adderall shortage and this thread could be merged. just think the forum would look a bit neater if we had a thread dedicated to these types of situations instead of having 4 or 5 on th front page.

^ Generic suboxone is pretty big news. I'm sure it will still be a little while before it's out, but a few companies have permission to manufacture it now. I'm betting that R&B works something out with one of the two companies so they can flip the subs as an authorized generic through them, making it possible for R&B to profit off of the generics as well.