• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Pg liquid???

Hey, i got etizolam in a propylene glycol liquid. Is it iv safe??

Not if its nonsterile (ie designed for oral use). You would have to micron filter through a .22 micron wheel filter first. Also, it might not be concentrated enough of solution as you definitely don't want to injecting a large volume of propylene glycol.

If you didn't prepare the solution yourself i would definitely not consider injecting it because who knows what other liquids are in it.

Not if its nonsterile (ie designed for oral use). You would have to micron filter through a .22 micron wheel filter first.
Which might have trouble with PG to begin with due to viscosity.
Also, it might not be concentrated enough of solution as you definitely don't want to injecting a large volume of propylene glycol.
Definitely not. Even patients who are getting a lot of Ativan (2mg/mL* so we're not talking a lot of volume) have been known to develop metabolic acidosis which is probably more of a thing in ICU patients getting it constantly, but still. Certain meds in PG (like Dilantin) also have to be pushed slow when given IV or they can become hypotensive! While giving a little PG parenterally is not a problem, it can become one quickly and from what I hear these RC benzos are often pretty dilute?

*although they make 4mg/mL, which IMO they shouldn't, it's just asking for some overworked nurse to double someone's dose by accident.
If you didn't prepare the solution yourself i would definitely not consider injecting it because who knows what other liquids are in it.
Yeah if you can't micron it you don't want to be doing it and maybe even then.

But more to the point, why are you wanting to benzos IV? There is not really any appreciable rush. They have very high oral BA. I suspect a needle fetish.