• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Permanent tolerance to benzos

Stefan14

Greenlighter
back in high school I would drop 4 maybe 5 bars at a time, because I was an idiot.

Since my new "DOC" is opiates it's been almost two years since I really abused benzos, except for the occasional kpins here and there.
I find I have to take insane amounts of Xanax like my tolerance never went down! Is this common? I wonder if anybody else experienced this?

It takes a long, long time of abstinence from benzos to get anything like the old effects - especially at the doses you were taking. I spend a few years taking about 20+mg of xanax or 200mg valium daily. Did you go through withdrawals or just take them occasionally?

There are some studies that suggest benzos cause permanent change to the CNS (http://www.benzo.org.uk/vot4.htm)

Getting hooked on benzos is a nightmare - perhaps consider yourself lucky that you don't get the desirable effects.

I didn't take them daily just binged for like 3 months, and I had bad panick attacks but not crazy WDs.

Not like now with the oxy

I noticed a permanent tolerance to both benzos and opiates...I was bento free for year and found 4mgs of clonzaepam to have minimal effects.

For some people, benzo tolerance never seems to reset or even go down that much at all.

There isn't really much to be done except try to abstain for even longer.