• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Perhaps Vitamin C does work -- basis : blocks cortisol release by MDMA

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
MDMA users that also exerted themselves physically had cortisol levels 800% of controls

[h=1]MDMA, cortisol, and heightened stress in recreational ecstasy users.[/h]
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25014666

It is well known that chronically high levels of cortisol can damage hippocampal cells, and also causes serotonin dysfuntion:

The fact that patients with major depression exhibit decreased brain serotonin (5-hydroxytryptamine, 5-HT) function and elevated cortisol secretion has reached the status of textbook truism. More recent formulations have suggested that elevated cortisol levels, probably caused by stressful life events, may themselves lower brain 5-HT function and this in turn leads to the manifestation of the depressive state (see Dinan, 1994). This elegant proposal neatly ties abnormalities of cortisol secretion and 5-HT function into a causal chain in which cortisol is the key biological mediator through which life stress lowers brain 5-HT function, thereby causing depression in vulnerable individuals."

http://bjp.rcpsych.org/content/180/2/99

Of note is that Vitamin C block cortisol release

"In the animal studies, vitamin C fed to rats undergoing stress not only prevented the expected increase in cortisol levels, it prevented the animals from exhibiting the known signs of physical and emotional stress, including loss of body weight. Animals that did not receive vitamin C had three times the level of stress hormones."

https://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/200304/vitamin-c-stress-buster

Perhaps this explains the multitude of reports from people that swear antioxidants and Vitamin C in large doses maintains the magic.

Interesting, it is shown in the literature that vitamin C helps block development of complex regional pain syndrome after traumatic injury but I could not figure out it's MOA, and I didn't think antioxidants blocking the respiratory burst of immune cells fully explains it - maybe it's effects on stress hormones and serotonin are playing a role?

I'm not a expert on this subject but cortisol is essential for body temperature I believe cotcha temperature is key on the recovery but now the question is what is causing for the body to raise the temperature and how can be treated with something that can permanently keep the body cold maybe muscles hold the key here but not sure.

some dysautonomia involves dysfunctional sweating so that could be a possibility but a lot of people are too cold naturally while not many people are really too hot unless they can't sweat very well or just already live somewhere hot and or have a lot of muscle mass

some dysautonomia involves dysfunctional sweating so that could be a possibility but a lot of people are too cold naturally while not many people are really too hot unless they can't sweat very well or just already live somewhere hot and or have a lot of muscle mass
I know but my mom and I has low blood pressure which means I feel cold all the time when I was a kid and as a teen it always was like that. But now I feel overheated and sometimes when I look at the mirror my face became so red for a couple of seconds (only sometimes ) and then goes away but when I eat something like cantaloupe which works works very well on lower the temperature of the body I feel kinda of normal..sometimes in the middle of the night I weak up because my neck is feeling so hot.

Last edited:
This could be some sort of dysautonomia/POTS assuming there is no other reason for the low blood pressure...

Gotcha can u suggest some good medicine over counter or prescribed for overheated ?and could be what u suggested but doctors need to do a research for further conclusions.

Last edited:
There is autonomic testing for dysautonomia and the ability to sweat (acetylcholine provoked sweating and tilt table test for POTS component of dysautonomia) but as far as what MDMA has done there is really a drought of knowledge, personally my sister got some dysautonomia after ecstasy.

I really recommend cardio for the low blood pressure regardless of whether or not heart weakness is to blame. Unfortunately there isn't much to be done about the temperature from what I understand..

I definitely wouldn't spare salt.

Last edited:
There is autonomic testing for dysautonomia and the ability to sweat (acetylcholine provoked sweating and tilt table test for POTS component of dysautonomia) but as far as what MDMA has done there is really a drought of knowledge, personally my sister got some dysautonomia after ecstasy.

I really recommend cardio for the low blood pressure regardless of whether or not heart weakness is to blame. Unfortunately there isn't much to be done about the temperature from what I understand..
ur sister was diagnosed with this by doctors after ex consumption? And how about you u still do drugs ? or any drugs like alcohol or cigarettes? Me Im clean 2.5 years only water and it is helping me but im still looking for the answer thanks for the cardio advice . .

Yes although she wasn't perfect before ecstasy, but she has orthostatic hypotension but not quite actual POTS.

I really can't handle drugs anymore and weed is just too addicting for me, if I smoke for a week then when I don't smoke I can't sleep at all and that sort of thing.

I'm glad you're staying clean, things will smooth out with time but I really really recommend mindfulness meditation, and app called Headspace is fantastic for learning, I really recommend it.