• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Percocet tolerance

jimmey29

Greenlighter
hi..im new here..first post..but i have a rather serious ? and ive been browsing bluelight now for about three years and have noticed theres some really educated people here such as captainheroin and plenty of others..anyways..my dad supplies me a percocet ten(yellow T194s)each day..around six oclock..i feel nothing from eating it orally nor the extracting method..for about a year now when i receive my one pill per night i sneak it in my pocket only to go into my room and crush and snort it..i feel absolutely nothing from this in the first place(especially now)minus a kind of speeded up heartbeat(which may be results of the tylenol in it)as well as the burning sensation the 30-45 seconds after snorted.i dont even know why i do it anymore..no matter what roa i use i just cant feel that amount anymore..he wont give me anymore each day so thats out of the ? and i cant do wothout long enough til the next night so ill have two at once in which orally chewing two at a time wpuld be worth it..also cant talk to them about this or theyll cut me off period..and i just dont know what to do anymore..i feel nothing from it..but snorting is my favorite roa please help me out and give me any iddas on what to do and thank you so much in advance

Hi Jimmy I moved this so you have your own thread. The problem with taking oxycodone or other drugs every day is after some time, you don't feel the same effects. It's called tolerance and no matter which ROA you prefer, this is inevitable. I would advise quit snorting Percocet and just take orally. Doesn't all that acetaminophen clog up your nose? You probably don't want to hear this but the best thing to do is take a break from them. You may not ever feel the "magic" that you once had in the beginning and that's what sucks about using them recreationally.

Yeah the apap up the nose sucks in my experience. Like T. said your tolerance has grown to a level where that dose isn't going to get you the wanted results, and the only real way to do that is to stop taking them for a while.

It is your tolerance to Opiates that has grown beyond just 10 mg's of Oxycodone, my advice would be to kick the habit cold-turkey and save them up in the meantime so you can start at zero tolerance AND with a stash to survive any future tolerance problems. And it would be better than just chew them up and swallow them instead of insufflating them since there is IIRC 325 mg's of APAP (Acetaminophen or Paracetamol) per 10 mg's of Oxycodone, am i right? if not please tell me so we know what kind of pills you are getting from your dad.

IMHO kicking the habit cold turkey wouldn't be much of a problem since you have a really low dose, it would cost me at least 80 mg's of Oxycodone to fell anything from it, luckily I have a steady supply (legitimate sripts and a steady connect out on the streets for other Opiates and drugs I want). The you would be clean for a few months stashing the pills away so you can indulge freely after a month or two. IME kicking 10 mg is only bad the first few days, then it gets better.

Another question: do you get those pills from your dad because you have a legitimate pain issue? If so I would suggest seeing a physician or someone like that who could help you get the medication you need and you can get much more than 10 mg's after a while IME. I fondly remember getting 6 x 5 = 30 mg of blue 5 mg OxyContins prescribed for back/spine issues which I will not dig any deeper in just because you don't have to gear me whine LOL. ;) But watch out, once on the Opiate train there is often no going back until it's too late, as you can see in Heroin addicts (not condemning those since I sometimes IV some good powdered H myself as well). But I assume you are a smart person and will not go down that route a lot of us here on BL have gone through...

Another option is using an Opiate potentiator like Promethazine or Benadryl, search the OD subforum for a thread called 'Potentiating Opiates' or something like that, can't remember ATM, but things like OTC anti-histamines and the like are really good at potentiating most Opiates and sometimes other drugs as well, so check that out as it can really help you for a while to get that old feeling back. :)

-- Peace o/

OP, if you are slipping them into your pocket, why not save them up? Your tolerance would get a break and then when you do them next time you can take a higher dose.

Of course, the best thing to do would be stop using them altogether...

Jimmey, I would really like to give you a warm welcome to the community. Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but I think what you really need is some support and advice from your peers. By the looks of it, you are confused and a little bit lost. If you're looking for support, you've got it and we'll move mountains to help you out. I understand that you are new and I'm not trying to break you down, but we typically don't like threads that concern nothing more than just getting higher.

It would seem that you are just stuck in this situation. I say, accept your fate. If you want to have fun with the Opioids, you're going to need to reduce your tolerance or use more Opioids. Your only option, it would seem, is to take a tolerance break. If you want to get the positive effects again, you simply need to reduce your tolerance. Plain and simple, but I understand it's a shitty and confusing situation.

I'm leaving this open because OP is new, but for future reference, everyone should know that we don't like threads dedicated to getting higher :(

OMG..im so happy i got a response from you guys and thank you so much..i hope i didnt violate any rules by posting that if so i apologize..i just didnt know where else to turn and ive been reading on the bluelight drug forums since i was 18(about ten years ago)and finally scaped up the courage to post something about myself so please if i did violate rules dont delete it..just tell me where to move it to or anything and i will no problem( im not too smart when it comes to computer work/websites etc.)..anyways..now..the thing is..when i stash them in my pocket..i tell myself in my head that im going to save it for tommrow.but everytime

i come back to my room..its lile its became a ritual and i ALWAYS cave..maybe ten minutes later..maybe an hour later..then when it wears off and the burning and drip stops..im so dissapointed in myself..i just dont know what to do..i do hurt bad..was in a car wreck when i was 18 abd prescribed oxycontin and hydros for breakthrough pain..im veey educated over the years in pharmaceuticals(having an adderall od at 24 and hooked on heroin,coke and smoke weed daily to this day.)my parents moved me in here with them after they found out i got strung out on the h and coke and rockstar 30s and they weaned me down to two perk tens..then eventually one but its so hard to do without that one because i do have actual pain as well as anxiety bad and have been to rehab twice abd i know at this point the addictions mainly in my head..the wothdrawals from a lousy ten arent that bad..but when i dont have that one little ten..i geel like im dying..i cry..i feel like im going crazy mentally..

i just dont know how to break this cycle..plus i live here with my mom abd shes an alcoholic and my dad smokes weed a couple times a week..so when i do try to at least swallow it instead..it gets hard watching my moms habit get supplied..i dknt want to quit overall..i just want to be able to swallow them seeing as im assuming i gotten a deviated septum from snorting them every night for six years total now(not including all the roxies coke and heroin ive put up my nose in the last ten years..ive been to rehab..failed that..tried buying subs off the street.and not let them know..evenwhen im on subs..i still have a habit of sneaking it in my pocket and bringing it back here abd snorting it..knowing it wont break through the sub..i have no insurance and i pay them half of my paycheck for rent and im just not getting anywhere like this or even getting high paying for these pills at almost 1 dollar a milligram...with pills and rent just to get one pill a day and have my own room i pay them 350 total every two weeks and i just work an average 9-5 job..i lost all of my friends abd even my family just because they found out i was taking one percocet a day so theyd really hate me if they fpund out i was snorting them..

i cry myself to sleep every night hoping my family forgives me..abd i know its sad..and i know i probably sound crazy..but out of all the addictions ive ever beat..this ones the hardest..but ivenever let it steal my huge heart..please help me..i mainly just need some advice or someone to talk to ..any help is greatly appreciated thank you all so much in advance..this means so much to me you have no clue

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey man, don't take it personally, but I broke your post up into paragraphs because people often aren't willing to read a single wall of text. You will get more aid by having a more easily readable post.

I think what we need to do is try to step back, take a deep breath and approach the situation head-on. What this typically entails is developing an approximate plan of attack using various non-Opioid drugs to help keep you stable while you go through the process. We are here for you absolutely dude. I think you'll find, that although we are a bunch of addicts, we actually have a lot of compassion for our peers. That is why we do what we do. We are volunteers after all.

First off my friend, what kind of access do you have to a prescribing physician? There are a few drugs that you can request that are non-controlled that will greatly reduce both your anxiety and your sickness. There is inevitable discomfort when quitting Opioids, but you don't have to do it without aid. Can we start with this?

as of right now my only REAL option to be honest is the emergency room closest to me which is like five minutes away..which they wont prescribe me opiates anyways due to a old doctor flagging me a while back as an addict(his assumption)which I wasnt at that time and was in real pain but had no dental insurance..to be honest thats really about my option seeing as i have no insurance.and thanks again for the response..just talking to someone takes my mind off some of wanting