• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Percocet - Oral vs. Insufflated

DownerSensation

Greenlighter
Ok so, before i started my Suboxone maint. I was trying to cut down using low dosages of Oxycodone in Percocets (5/325).

Btw i should mention that i have quite the high tolerance to opioids as i was using around 30mg of Hydromorphone a day, and if not Hydro i would use about 120-200mg of Oxycodone to feel good (not in Percocet as that would be very harmful to your liver without doing a CWE).

So anyways, i would get atleast 20 Perc's at a time to make sure i could go a few days without having to get more and thus started trying to maint. on my own.

From the research i have done it clearly seemed like taking it orally was the best way to go. The morning after recieving them, when waking up with withdrawals. I ate 2 of them taking only 10mg and waited it out. Being an hour after taking it i felt absolutely nothing and still felt terrible. I popped 2 more and still nothing happened, at all!

8 hours later i decided that at this point
It wouldnt really matter how i took it (obviously not IV). Being the insufflater i am with basically every other opioid ive done, i decided i just try snorting it instead. As i snort the first one pretty quickly, i started getting a little bit of relief close to 3 mins after insufflated. I after the first i followed with a second in the other nostrile. After the second suprisingly enough i had a better flush of relief. W/Ds were still present but very managable which i found oftly suprising considering the dosages i was usually taking.

So as i continued my maint. (Untill it ended badly) i continued to snort as for me it work a hell of a lot better than orally as from oral i feel nothing at all with Oxycodone.

So does anybody else have an expierence like this where Insufflating worked better than Oral administration? Would appreciate any feedback, and i am aware of the bioavailabilities and such. Thanks for taking the time to read this!

That is definitely not what I would expect. Percs have such a low concentration of oxy compared to apap, plenty of it would not get absorbed by your muscles membranes and it would clog up your nostrils.

I agree. Many people snort Roxies since there is no APAP, but snorting a pill with APAP is just clogging your nose and preventing the oxy from being completely absorbed. It's painful too.

I occasionally snort my 15 mg OxyIRs but would never do it with Percocet.

Where'd you source these? I know up north its more common for them to resemble OCs, but down here there have been plenty of reports of counterfeit percs and vics containing fentanyl or an analogue. As said, oxycodone works much better orally, snorting percs should be pretty much useless especially for someone with a tolerance.

I personally thought the exact same thing that you guys are saying. But IMO i would have rathered snort it than take it orally because orally did absolutely nothing.

Basically im trying to see if anybody else had a similar expierence?
(And although i did, i certainly dont recommend it)

^ How May did you snort?

A perc is like, 80-90% APAP, less than 5% is oxycodone, the rest binders

Snorting oxycodone is effective, rapid onset, higher peak, roughly the same BA% - however snorting Percocet? Why not ry a Roxie and report that?

Also, this is kind of a double thread, as it concerns a similar topic to your other thread - both involving oxy usage
I understand it is two different questions, however they concern the same subject, and this isn’t really a whole thread material

It would have been better to post a single thread, regarding all details (inclusive) of your opioid, and specific oxy usage, and added this question in concisely, since it’s not HR so much as asking about an oddity

It is ok, just keep in mind we don’t want to clog up the front page with duplicate or similar threads from the same user

Likely will merge this, since you already have a thread, and again not HR, however it would fit in with your other thread - By all means speak up if you disagree, again it’s fine, just try to consolidate, as that would have been best IMO - Friendly Lorne

Oops got Dave and Downer confused, sorry!

Anyway uh, disregard that thing that was “not “ posted - Although this isn’t really harm reduction., however why not allow at least an
opportunity to comment on the oddities of snorting APAP, as it may at least dispel the notion that oxy somehow avoids first pass metabolism - continue on, Downer Dave :)

you can't snort enough percocets to feel the drug...you'd have to snort several grams of material at once.

the bioavailability of the active drug oxycodone is higher orally too, 60% snorted vs 90% oral.

and that 60 is snorting pure oxycodone, snorting in a percocet is likely 40% bioavailability

I am aware of the bioavailability and all the other facts surronding this subject as ive already stated. (Not to be rude just have a lot of people saying the same thing)

I am more so looking for relative experiences.

And to say you CANNOT feel the drug is actually fasle. I know many of people who do it and is there only ROA for Percs. Certainly not recommeded but to say you absolutely cannot is false.

I was given one perc once from a coworker and took it orally infront of her and was upset because I wanted to snort it in the bathroom... those only work snorted for me... not that is fun/safe/whatever, I just don?t feel them otherwise... could be tolernece from oxy or something but I just did one, 7 lines -_- and I am feeling it for sure...

Before snorting percocet I'd try boosting the oral bioavailability by taking an antacid as the intranasal bioavailability isn't that much higher than oral

DownerSensation, I have had many successful experiences snorting Percs, that's how most people i know that do them, would do them. I understand all the contradictions too and it shouldn't work as well as it does but it indeed works. And this is not coming from some punk kid that wouldn't know his ass from a hole in the ground , I'm on sub maintainence right now from about a decade of opioid addiction, mostly IV morphine, oxy and opens but everything from opium to fent to tram.