• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Percocet Manufacturer Change..

Shishibeach14

Greenlighter
Hello everyone,

First post here. Thanks for any help.

Ive been taking oxycodone 5/325 with the imprint 512 on it for 3 months for my leg. I just got a refill from the same place I've always got them- got out the door and went to take my dose and realized these pills were completely different; with the imprint RP 5/325. Not only do I not the the euphoria and good feeling, I hardly have any pain relief versus the 512 manufacturer. Ive been all over the internet and cannot find anyone talking about this issue, which I find odd. Seems like these harder pills made by Rhodes Pharmacy are really crap....

Any helpful criticism would be greatly appreciated.

This type of discussion is against the rules unfortunately. There really should be no difference between generics. It usually is a higher state of pain, a preconceived notion, or a nocebo effect that creates these perceived differences.

That being said, you should take whatever brand makes you feel best. Most pharmacies will not take a controlled substance back once it leaves as it usually is illegal to do so unless an error was made (this isnt an error). But if they failed to inform you a change was made and you ask politely, they may make an exception. Keep in mind, many pharmacies do not have the ability to order different brands of narcotics.

geez. I actually read the rules too. Sorry! Kind of crazy how i cant ask about why i feel different on a pill made by a different company but theres discussion about shooting pills and illegal use of controlled substances- where as my situation is 100% legal.
again, sorry?!

No need to apologize. It is more of nuisance type thing and no HR related issues that make it not allowed.

I just want to say there definitely is a difference in certain generic brands. Adderall is the most notorious offender. A simple google search will show you thousands of people unhappy with Actavis brand Adderall. This is a medication where you would immediately know if the effects are the same or not, as it holds such a drastic route of action. That's all I'll say here before the thread is closed.

I just want to say there definitely is a difference in certain generic brands. Adderall is the most notorious offender. A simple google search will show you thousands of people unhappy with Actavis brand Adderall. This is a medication where you would immediately know if the effects are the same or not, as it holds such a drastic route of action. That's all I'll say here before the thread is closed.

You will also find people disliking Teva generic Adderall IR compared to the brand when Teva makes both and people complaining about Global Adderall XR when it is manufactured by Shire and has the exact same ingredients (active and excipients).

As I said, ask for whatever you want or find a place that stocks them but it is highly doubtful in the majority of cases the different generic was the culprit.

Not really a manufacturing or generic comparison, but I get crazy more effects from 10mg of roxicodone (oxycodone with no apap) then and brand of percocet I've had. I was on percocet for 18 months and tried all types, including the ones you have. Doc thinks it's either a slight mg difference between manufacturers (they are allowed a slight variation) or a b.a. increase due to the size and no apap. She told me to request the same brand of pills from now on, which are kvk btw... never noticed and big difference between perks though, but it's not totally unheard of

Different generics use different fillers...and generics can range up to 20% less of the main ingredient then in brand name. I personally struggled trying all 3 adderall ir generics and each were quite different and now am prescribed Teva brand name ir's which are 45 per copay instead of 5 but much better and pure in effect in my opinion. Sandoz was smooth but not much up feeling corepharma was more tweaky but jittery come down and kept me up late night. The Teva generics would have me zipping fast for a few hours very focused and productive but would not last long. Generics and brand are NOT the same. Manufactures use different fillers in different generics. If you really want to dig deep, find a manufactures site and research inactive ingredients. Our bodies respond differently for example to a people with sugar as a inactive ingredient compared to a pill that has fiber instead of suger, yet they were the same drug in main ingredient (only an example) the subject sucks though because everyone is different and it is very stressful trying to pinpoint the right manufacturer at times .this is not the site to research it on though (which ya In my opinion is non sense considering people give tips on how to inject etc.....) but I am simply a peon.