• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Percocet High Dosage Help

Experimentalist

Greenlighter
I have several 5 mg Oxy/ 325 mg acetaminophen percocet pills. I currently weigh ~165 lbs, or about 72 kg. I've been taking one pill every few hours from a prescription, but I've been saving the extras to take for a high when my prescription runs out. Here are my questions:
1)How many of these should I take for a good high? (I know not to exceed 2000 mg acetaminophen in one setting, so 6 pills is my max)
2)How long after taking my last 5mg pill should I wait to get a decent high?
3)What can I do to maximize the high and minimize nausea?

Note: I've done Oxy once before, Tramadol twice, and Hydros a few times so I generally know what to expect though it's been a while since I've chased an opiate high.

Usually I would say about 10 mg of oxy for a rec user with little tolerance but if you've been taking low-dose regularly and have done oxy/hydro before I would probably go for 15 mg. I'd probably wait a day or so after your last 5 mg dose to do it recreationally, just to get it out of your system. I don't think waiting longer would help your tolerance to go down that much unless you're willing to save those last pills for a very long while :). I would take the whole 10 mg (or 15 ) with 2 or 3 Tums for maximum effect on a fairly empty stomach (taking on a full stomach is a total waste of pills) although an empty stomach can increase nausea. I'm not really knowledgeable on preventing nausea, I usually don't have too much of a problem with it

The other thing I would point out is that if your first dose isn't really doing enough for you, wait at least an hour before redosing. Usually by an hour you'll know what the effect is. Plenty of people OD because they aren't noticing much after 15 minutes so they get impatient and take a bunch more and then wham, the tsunami hits them.

Last edited:
Yeah, I know it takes a while to kick in. Thanks for the advice! I plan on eating a snack high in monounsaturated fats about 30 minutes before I take the pills because I read the fats can enhance the high, but even if they dont it'll at least make it a bit easier on my stomach. Also, can you confirm or deny that cigarettes enhance oxycodone highs? I dont smoke often but I will as long as it wont interact negatively with the oxy.

I smoke but I've never done it while on oxy. I'm honestly not sure why I've never tried it since I've tested nearly everything with oxy, except weed.

I dont have any tums right now, but I was also prescribed phenergan. I know this combination doesn't make me tired, so would the phenergan work as well as Tums?

Yeah I think it would work, that's similar to Benadryl which works but this combo also makes me super drowsy so I never use it. All the Tums do is tell your stomach to empty everything immediately into your intestines which makes it get into your bloodstream faster so onset of the high is faster/stronger. Anything that has calcium carbonate (like Rolaids?) would do the same thing.

you're very right about the monounsaturated fat. My favorite and what I've found works best is either Garden Salsa Sunchips or Corn chips, they're both light on the stomach and extremely high in monounsaturated fat. I usually eat about 30 chips or so about 10minutes before the dose and it works wonders.
Since you've been taking 5mg every few hours I would take 12.5mg and wait at least an hour before taking more if you feel the need. Oxy is stimulating in lower doses and I really feel like that's a good starting point. don't over do it. Remember you can always take more. Don't over do it right away.

Thanks for the confirmation! I was planning on making avacado toast with olive oil, or maybe something with peanut butter. ?

If 5mg provides significant analgesia, as in, it's noticeable to you, I would recommend consuming 15mg-20mg for a more powerful effect. If you decide to consume more than this, I would recommend performing a Cold Water Extraction on your pills. It's a relatively simple process that involves separating the Opioid from the APAP. We have guides on Bluelight, but both Google and Reddit can explain the process to you in an effective manner.

5mg does not cause any noticable effect. I tried 15 mg last night and it was a pretty enjoyable high but only lasted about 3 hours. I had no issues with nausea. I had a good time and that dose was sufficient, but I feel it wasn't as much as what other people have detailed as a true oxy high. I have 40 mg available to me now, and I'm thinking about taking 25 mg for my next high, which will be some time after I stop regularly taking the 5mg pills. Considering the effects from my 15mg dose, would I be alright to take 30mg or should I play it safe and go with 25? The worst that could happen to me with the higher dose is vomitting.

5mg does not cause any noticable effect. I tried 15 mg last night and it was a pretty enjoyable high but only lasted about 3 hours. I had no issues with nausea. I had a good time and that dose was sufficient, but I feel it wasn't as much as what other people have detailed as a true oxy high. I have 40 mg available to me now, and I'm thinking about taking 25 mg for my next high, which will be some time after I stop regularly taking the 5mg pills. Considering the effects from my 15mg dose, would I be alright to take 30mg or should I play it safe and go with 25? The worst that could happen to me with the higher dose is vomitting.
Yeah 3 hours is quite typical. Honesty i would split your final 40mg into 2 different 20mg sessions, and space the two sessions apart