• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Percocet after suboxone help

Sandyblack

Greenlighter
Hi! So I'm relatively new to this page have never posted just lurked lol but now I actually have a question so first my back story...I take 5 mg percocet on a semi regular basis at the most 1 or 2 a day sometimes I can go a day or 2 without any well yesterday i hurt my back pretty good and didnt have anymore of my pills so a girlfriend of mine gave me an 8mg suboxone tablet I took half right away and the other half this morning around 9 definitely helped pain wise but now I'm worried about taking my regular pain medicine again as I just got them refilled and i know I'm going to need 2 take sth 2b able 2 sleep comfortably 2night...will I get sick or have any adverse side effects from taking the percocet on the same day as the suboxone?

Hey Sandyblack! It would appear that you've created a duplicate thread here, so I'm going to close it up. I've provided you with a decent answer in your other thread, so check it out and get back to us!

Hey Sandyblack! It would appear that you've created a duplicate thread here, so I'm going to close it up. I've provided you with a decent answer in your other thread, so check it out and get back to us!
Hi I'm sorry I didnt mean 2 post a duplicate thread but I cant find your response to my original one?? Please help

Where do I go to find your response?
Not sure on this but to answer your original question here it won't matter when you take percocet AFTER suboxone (as far as sick) the only thing that will matter is how much that percocet will actually be able to do. (Suboxone has an extremely long half life and it's job is to literally not let things such as percocet [opioids] work)
You won't feel sick, but take them too early and you simply won't feel anything at All. Hope this helps.

Where do I go to find your response?
It looks like Keif accidentally deleted your other thread instead of this one :)

It only got his reply:
Hey there Sandyblack! Please allow me to give you a warm welcome to the community! We are always happy to have new blood and fresh knowledge. So basically, if you are using your Opioid pain medication as prescribed, you do not want to be introducing random drugs into the mix, as these decisions have the potential to derail what might be an otherwise appropriate treatment.

While I'm glad that you found relief from the Buprenorphine (Subxone; Subutex), taking it can present problems for you. Buprenorphine is an agonist/antagonist while Oxycodone is a straight-up agonist. Simply put, Buprenorphine has the potential to block the effects of your Oxycodone. It also lasts a significantly longer time than Oxycodone, which will further confuse things for you. You might require an extra pill to get the full effect of your Oxycodone.

Basically, I wouldn't use Buprenorphine if you intend to stay the course with your chosen Opioid i.e. Oxycodone. You will be fine though. For a couple of days, you might feel a slightly blunted effect from the Oxycodone, but it will only be temporary.