• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Percocet addiction question

EIGHTIESKID

Greenlighter
Hi, new poster. Long story short, back injury about 5 years ago, doc tried everything, ended up on 10/325 Percocet for the better part of last three years. Usually I was just taking 1/2 a pill a day, have advanced to 1 a day, sometimes two on occasion. It does help w the back pain, however I do take it even if the pain doesnt warrant it. The Perc relaxes me and still feel a nice warm buzz. Problem is my doc retired and not much luck finding another who will continue prescribing. Havent considered other sources and wouldn’t mind trying to stop. I do start to feel tired and overall fatigue if I don’t take 1/2 pill by 4pm - havent missed a daily dose in over one year. Few questions:

in your opinion how difficult will it be to stop taking the perc based on my daily dosing?

would Kratom help with any wd issues?

I would also consider thc if that’s a proven remedy to the w/d’s

honestly wouldn’t consider stopping if getting a doc who’ll consistently script me the percs at 1 a day. But also wondering if I can kick this thing altogether. Sharing your opinions and experiences would be great. Thanks

I use kratom for my wds which I have every week as I was on over 300 mgs of oxy a day when I moved here 3 months ago--I cannot get a dr to prescribe over 60 mgs a day--so I run out weekly. I take kratom on my wd days --problem for me is it helps greatly with the physical wds but its very pricey. I have to take 5-6 bottles of the opms black daily just to get my wds manageable--that's about 100$ a day. Personally, it does nothing for me for pain and there is absolutely no high from it for me--just keeps me from being very ill. You should not have to take more than one bottle a day. I would try that. The opms black extract is the strongest. I for the life of me don't see why anyone would take these for fun. They taste horrible and there is no euphoria or anything like that for me--some people enjoy them though.

Definitely do not use the opms kratom extracts for helping any withdrawals you may feel, that stuff is way stronger than you require. Kratom, powdered leaf, will help with withdrawals but just know that kratom is also addictive.

I wouldn't expect you to experience much in the way of withdrawals that can't be managed by low doses of loperamide or kratom.

your taking between 5 and 10mg a day orally? I mean that's an easy quit with no withdrawal .. just feel tired and bit depressed for awhile.... you will be fine...battle through it and just stop...you don't need anything

I wish it were like that for me---on wds again--even with the 5-6 bottles a day--I feel crappy--didn't sleep for the second night in a row. I even got up at 4 to ask my son if he had any benadryl to help. Eventually I fell asleep at 0630 just to wake up 4 hrs later--this sucks--I'm afraid I am just way too gone with the oxy to ever get better.. My pain level is excruciating on the kratom. Can't move my shoulders or wrists much this past week--really all my joints--having a flare-up of the PsA. Autoimmune arthritis that is destroying my ligaments...anyway--I wish you luck!

I wish it were like that for me---on wds again--even with the 5-6 bottles a day--I feel crappy--didn't sleep for the second night in a row. I even got up at 4 to ask my son if he had any benadryl to help. Eventually I fell asleep at 0630 just to wake up 4 hrs later--this sucks--I'm afraid I am just way too gone with the oxy to ever get better.. My pain level is excruciating on the kratom. Can't move my shoulders or wrists much this past week--really all my joints--having a flare-up of the PsA. Autoimmune arthritis that is destroying my ligaments...anyway--I wish you luck!

Have you tried dosing regular leaf? That shit is super cheap, like $100 a kilo. The extracts are SO expensive.

Also, kratom can be a very nice high when you're not addicted to stronger opiates. If you're used to stronger opiates, it sucks for recreational purposes. But an opiate naive person can get great highs from it. In fact kratom was what got me to fall in love with opiates, way back in 2002/2003. Back before almost anyone had heard of it. Me and all my friends used to get such amazing highs from it, I absolutey loved it. It started a lifelong addiction to opiates... :\

Hi, new poster. Long story short, back injury about 5 years ago, doc tried everything, ended up on 10/325 Percocet for the better part of last three years. Usually I was just taking 1/2 a pill a day, have advanced to 1 a day, sometimes two on occasion. It does help w the back pain, however I do take it even if the pain doesnt warrant it. The Perc relaxes me and still feel a nice warm buzz. Problem is my doc retired and not much luck finding another who will continue prescribing. Havent considered other sources and wouldn’t mind trying to stop. I do start to feel tired and overall fatigue if I don’t take 1/2 pill by 4pm - havent missed a daily dose in over one year. Few questions:

in your opinion how difficult will it be to stop taking the perc based on my daily dosing?

honestly wouldn’t consider stopping if getting a doc who’ll consistently script me the percs at 1 a day. But also wondering if I can kick this thing altogether. Sharing your opinions and experiences would be great. Thanks

Kratom will help a lot, for sure. And you'll only need the plain leaf with such a low oxy habit. Honestly you might just be fine to stop. But if you get withdrawals, my biggest recommendation is gabapentin, if you can get it (or even better, Lyrica). Those will totally mask opiate withdrawal symptoms 100%, and they're not opioids, unlike kratom, which is an opioid, so you can easily just swap one addiction for another.

Have you tried dosing regular leaf? That shit is super cheap, like $100 a kilo. The extracts are SO expensive.

Also, kratom can be a very nice high when you're not addicted to stronger opiates. If you're used to stronger opiates, it sucks for recreational purposes. But an opiate naive person can get great highs from it. In fact kratom was what got me to fall in love with opiates, way back in 2002/2003. Back before almost anyone had heard of it. Me and all my friends used to get such amazing highs from it, I absolutey loved it. It started a lifelong addiction to opiates... :\
I tried the plain leaf--indo red at first--did very little--I was through with a giant bag in a few days and it didn't do much, and it was awful to take for me. The extract is a gagging experience but at least it helps better. The problem of course is the price.

Whatever u do, don't even think about getting on fentanyl. That would be your demise...