• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

people with opiate experience

levi66676

Greenlighter
Im an addict, i had a long stint of 2 years clean and than relapsed. The last year ive been using off and on. Id say anywhere from 2x a week to once a month with a month or 2 of total abstinence. Oh i forgot to mention its heroin that im using. I used about 3x in a 8 day period. I stopped and experienced very minor withdrawals. Just basic sneezing, tired, and tossed and turned a little in bed, still slept 5 hours though! Ive been sober 6 days now. im wondering if its safe to use do you think id experience any withdrawals if i used just once ???

It's likely you will experience light withdrawals after only 6 days since getting through withdrawals, especially given that you have previously been addicted and withdrawn multiple times. Every time it gets faster and easier to become physically dependent again.

More importantly... you need to nip this in the bud now before you full-on relapse. You may already realize this, but your brain and body are trying to fool you into rationalizing opiate use. Try to remember what it was like to be in the depths of addiction, because that's almost certainly where you're headed again if you don't stop making allowances for yourself. How you describe what's happening now is exactly how every relapse I've had has started, and then before long it was back into daily/constant use and full-on withdrawals, faster than I could imagine.

Anyway I had to say it. You're really playing with fire and I don't think it'll end well. But to answer your question, yes it is likely you'll experience light withdrawals again from one use right now.

Dude I was just like you..I used to use 2 or 3 times a day for 2 years and then got down to once or twice a month for a while year and now I'm using everyday again 5 times a day ..it was supposed to be a 1 day thing I'm on day 47 or something

And to answer your question yes there will be minor withdrawal symptoms..get a hold of a Suboxone and weed or some Benzos

I was 10 years clean. Had a smoke with a friend. Did the self delusonal " I'm special, the rules don't apply to me!"routine.
Full on DT after only a few hits, had to have a serious word with myself.
It will get you again, no one is immune.
Good luck!

Stop now and if not don’t use the same dose you used to. Minimum withdrawal yes but it shouldn’t be too bad. Mainly I was a meth guy but I had your issue