• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Meth People who used crystal to get off crack.

Opi_Kid_Rock

Bluelighter
Dear BL Fam,

I was watching a documentary about someone who said that using crystal meth allowed him to give up his long-time all consuming crack addiction.
From a harm-reduction perspective, is there any merit in this method/approach?
From a clinical perspective, would he get a script for Ritalin to hopefully get off the meth?

What do you all think?

Like using salt to get off sugar addiction

In reality switching between drugs is just switching between addictions. It's not that hard going from coke to meth... or xanax to vicodin... or weed go shrooms, whatever.

I suppose if you can substitute a low to moderate amount of meth for a heavy crack addiction, it might be the lesser of the two evils.

But i doubt a former basehead would use a low to moderate amount of meth. Although who knows.

What a thread man?!?Sounds to me-bullet or poison?this is nothin' more,than changing one terrible addiction with other one....even more brutal

Like using salt to get off sugar addiction

In reality switching between drugs is just switching between addictions. It's not that hard going from coke to meth... or xanax to vicodin... or weed go shrooms, whateve
What a thread man?!?Sounds to me-bullet or poison?this is nothin' more,than changing one terrible addiction with other one....even more brutal
They do it with ghb though for alcoholics in Italy . If you rlly look at harm reduction isnt it better for a crack head to continue his life on heroïne (Pharm grade) same with alcoholics which does the most damage to organs . You live longer with heroïne than alcohol .

I suppose if you can substitute a low to moderate amount of meth for a heavy crack addiction, it might be the lesser of the two evils.

But i doubt a former basehead would use a low to moderate amount of meth. Although who knows.
Sometimes switching may be the only thing . In Italy they prescribe ghb for severe alcoholics because its less damaging . Its becomes a matter of stop drinking or you die or you substitute with something that is at least as powerfull as the other one but less damaging .

Dear BL Fam,

I was watching a documentary about someone who said that using crystal meth allowed him to give up his long-time all consuming crack addiction.
From a harm-reduction perspective, is there any merit in this method/approach?
From a clinical perspective, would he get a script for Ritalin to hopefully get off the meth?

What do you all think?
There are some pluses to meth over Crack.

Meth is cheaper, more potent, and longer acting than Crack.