• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos People who have discontinued ambien cold turkey or with a fast taper

cacachanel

Greenlighter
How bad your w/d experience really was?
I'm reading all these threads here and in other forums like benzobuddies and I'm noticing conflicting experiences, from no w/d to feeling totally non functional for months after. Some people say they are not as bad as benzo w/ds and some others say they are the same or even worse.
I don't want to have a benzo w/d that last for months/years like many people report they have. I don't want to lose everything.
Are those the most common case of w/ds or is it just that the worst ones are the ones that are most reported?
I don't even know if what I'm feeling is real or if i'm just somatizing all those symptoms from reading some experiences, or if I'm just depressed and anxious for things that are happening in my life that are unrelated to the ambien w/d.
So, can you describe what you felt and for how long, so I know what to really expect?

How much ambien have you been taking and for how long? For me, acute ambien WD is gone after a day or two with some insomnia that lingers for about a week.

I've taken 10 mg daily for around 3 years and around 25 mg daily the last 3 months

If you've been taking it constantly for that long it might be worse. It might be worthwhile to get some clonazepam to take for a couple days. Zolpidem had a short half life, so a low dose of of clonazepam for a couple days should help you get past the acute anxiety and insomnia issues.

Its hard to tell what is withdrawl and what is untreated issues resurfacing for example if you stop ambien and have insomnia for the next decade is it ambien withdrawl or do you have insomnia? If you stop prozac then become depressed is it major depression or prozac withdrawl. I think you need to be careful basing your medical choices off those forums because while what they are experiencing is genuine it is impossible for conclusions to made from reports on exactly what caused what and what was just associated with what