• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Pentecostalism

Survival0200

Bluelighter
Are there other people here having a background of pentecostalism? I'm from a religious family, and both my parents belong to the pentecostalism church. My aunts are also religious. What are your feelings towards pentecostalism? I'm personally not religious anymore. I tried praying when I was little, but I noticed that there's no one there to hear my prayer. Some of the pentecostalism people are quite odd... They are like "Jesus this, Jesus that". And do you really have to bother Jesus with even the tiniest things? "Let's pray that it won't rain tomorrow" etc. I'd like to hear your opinions, comments and experiences related to pentecostalism.

We have pentecostal church,but don't know nothing,except they are protestant denomination....and like all protestant quite odd as you say.Lot of noise in the church....people shouting,some get on the floor with convulsions even.Strange thing for me,but that is their way

Religions are more about exercising our tribal natures and seeking fellowship.

Religiosity is a sign of insecurity.

We fear not being in a gang.

The one killer of all Christian cults is they rely on the substitutional punishment of an innocent man.

To take Jesus as savior, one must sin to be saved.

Christians don't care.

Regards
DL

I am inn a modafokin orthodox gang.Archbishop Echinopsis is our leader.Glory to him!

I am inn a modafokin orthodox gang.Archbishop Echinopsis is our leader.Glory to him!
Let's discuss how you have to sin to be saved.

On Jesus dying for Christians. Try to think in a moral way.

It takes quite an inflated ego to think a god would actually die for us, after condemning us unjustly in the first place.

Christians have swallowed a lie and don’t care how evil they make Jesus to keep their feel good get out of hell free card.

It is a lie, first and foremost, because, like it or not, having another innocent person suffer or die for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral.

To abdicate your personal responsibility for your actions or use a scapegoat is immoral.

Christians also have to ignore what Jesus, as a Jewish Rabbi, would have taught his people.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Psa 49;7 None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

There is no way that Christians would teach their children to use a scapegoat to escape their just punishments and here you are promoting doing just that.
Jesus is just a smidge less immoral than his demiurge genocidal father, and here you are trying to put him as low in moral fiber as Yahweh. Tsk tsk.

Regards
DL

Sorry man.Don't wanna discuss anything right now.All day hard work and feel tired indeed.Take a rest.

Sorry man.Don't wanna discuss anything right now.All day hard work and feel tired indeed.Take a rest.

I get that a lot on moral issues.

It is a religionists best response and argument, generally.

Regards
DL

Many years ago I attended a Church of God at the urging of my born-again girlfriend (who turned out to be psychotic, but that's another story). I really got into it at first but the charm wore off after a couple months. The people were nice but the belief system was far too restrictive, dogmatic, and "out there" for me.

I appreciate the experience but I'd never go back. It ain't for everyone. Definitely not me.

One of my oldest friends grew up in a Pentecostal church and one of his oldest friends was the pastor's son. The pastor's son was an outright prick and I couldn't stand him as a kid nor as an adult. He was a pathological liar, did all kinds of drugs at a time when none of us were, and he fornicated with many a young lady when we were lucky to just have a gf to hold hands with. As I grew up I saw nothing wrong with using drugs and sex outside of marriage.... but I also didn't preach against doing those things and while doing them anyway. "Do as I say, not as I do."

I attended my friend's church once or twice. As for the glossolalia aka speaking in tongues, and rolling around on the floor, I just saw it as a circus act to pretend to be communicating with the Holy Spirit. To me it was peer pressure because if all the others were doing it and you didn't, then obviously something was wrong with you. The most extreme Pentecostals dance around holding live rattlesnakes. Wtf?

Our Prime Minister belongs to a Pentecostal church 😳🥵😵‍💫

One of my oldest friends grew up in a Pentecostal church and one of his oldest friends was the pastor's son. The pastor's son was an outright prick and I couldn't stand him as a kid nor as an adult. He was a pathological liar, did all kinds of drugs at a time when none of us were, and he fornicated with many a young lady when we were lucky to just have a gf to hold hands with. As I grew up I saw nothing wrong with using drugs and sex outside of marriage.... but I also didn't preach against doing those things and while doing them anyway. "Do as I say, not as I do."

I attended my friend's church once or twice. As for the glossolalia aka speaking in tongues, and rolling around on the floor, I just saw it as a circus act to pretend to be communicating with the Holy Spirit. To me it was peer pressure because if all the others were doing it and you didn't, then obviously something was wrong with you. The most extreme Pentecostals dance around holding live rattlesnakes. Wtf?

Henry Rollins did a doco which included this..

Yeah, the Church of God I attended (in a tiny rural town in Tennessee) did everything short of snake handling-- speaking in tongues, falling out, faith healing.
Personally, I like snakes. I've handled hundreds of them over the years.
Just not any venomous ones.
I'm not a fucking idiot.

Attend this circus everyday after hardwork for six months.Not my wish.Rules of comunity.Total madness.In our temples people don't talk.Talk only priest and monks chanting