PEA insomnia.

Purge187

Greenlighter
I've never been much of a coffee drinker and take stimulants like PEA with hordenine on an empty stomach in the morning, but every once in a while it makes it damn near impossible to sleep without a healthy dose of melatonin. Is there any way to "cut it short"? I think I recall reading that fruit juice helps.

Ah, not quite. Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) is what you're thinking of, which by acidifying the urine can help draw out some basic compounds like PEA, though PEA is out of the system very quickly anyway. It's probably the hordenine that's the problem with your sleeping, not the PEA. Have you tried GABA? May be slightly beneficial; it appears to be with the stimulation from caffeine, for example.

Stop taking PEA on nights you want to go to bed early or sleep particularly soundly? It's just basic sleep hygeine.

I deal with the same problem, but I take my PEA in dark chocolate. Take enough early on, and can't sleep that night. I was under the impression that acids mostly just affect initial absorption.