Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

PEA body load or prelude to siezure?

madaC

Greenlighter
PEA body load or prelude to seizure?

I've been doing a bit of googling on this subject and haven't been able to turn up any solid answers, aside from the fact that massive overdoses of certain PEA's can result in seizure and death, a la 2c-t-21, dom/doi and 25i-nbome.

Something I've noted with almost all the phen's I've ingested is a rising and falling oscillation of tremors that often begins in my thighs/genitals area, and then can progress all the way down my legs, up my back, and into my arms. With certain drugs, like 2c-c, this is negligible, and often pleasurable. This past summer I was experimenting with 2c-P, and after finding 16mg pleasant, and 18mg not quite as far as I wanted to go visually, that 23mg was for all intensive purposes an overdose. I certainly got to where I wanted visually, but was quite sedated, too much so to even get out of bed, and the muscle spasms would likely have impeded me to a great degree even had I the desire to move.

I'd tried doc before that experience, and had nothing but fun. A slight amount of vasoconstriction in the legs, but hardly any tremor at all. This was in rather high doses, too. a trial at 3mg, and a voyage on from between 6-8mg. I tried doc again several months after the 2c-p event, and had an extreme physical reaction in the come up. Vomiting perhaps seven or eight times. Tremors so bad I couldn't stand. Flutterring of all my muscles radiating out from the core, making me appear to be doing highly technical body locking. It turned into a great, as always life altering experience (doc always tends to be this way for me) but the come up was something I'd not expected.

After this, I again had another great experience with 2c-c (and 4-ho-met-I love combining 2c-c with 4-subbed tryptamines. Like chocolate and peanut butter) A good bit of fluttering in the genital region, but I thought it was likely due to the fact that I'd plugged the drugs and that it was probably a localized reaction.

Last night I had my first breakthrough dose of 25i-NBOME. I'd tested the substance in incrementally larger amounts, always sublingually via an everclear solution. Even holding amounts as high as 4mg in my mouth for 20 minutes never got me anywhere farther visually than perhaps 15-20mg 2c-c, and it was miserable holding everclear in my mouth. I couldn't imagine sniffing 50 units of everclear to get a dose of the drug, and thinking of plugging the same amount filled me with almost equal dread. I'd almost given up hope for the substance working for me. Well, last night I evaporated then vaporized 125mics worth of solution on foil, and certainly broke the activity barrier. Feeling good about the 125mics 15 minutes after ingestion, I continued redosing in this fashion over the course of an hour or so to reach a total amount of 1.125mg. Dazzlingly beautiful.

As the experience reached a plateau, the return of the tremors made themselves evident. These weren't as bad as the whole body oscillations experienced on DOC, and though nausea was experienced, no vomiting occurred. (also good to note the experiment took place with a stomach full of enchilada-that says something about the level of nausea in comparison) This was more troubling to me personally, because though I experienced worse load on the 2c-p and DOC, I was more worried about it on the 25i-nbome because of reported deaths.

Is there a line where this body load crosses into seizure activity? Will I be aware of it when it happens? I know there are different kinds of seizures, and back when I was abusing tramadol to some degree (several years ago) I had a tonic clonic seizure, if I recall correctly, and woke up with paramedics asking me my name, etc. No memory of the event.

I'm completely lucid during the PEA events.

I really enjoy high dose PEA trips, but really don't want to overendanger myself or the scene with media reactions etc were I to misjudge exactly what's occurring on these trips, and just try to ride out a seizure thinking it's just body load.

Still a bit scatterbrained after such an intense experience and little sleep, thanks if you got through that. Thanks if you have any insight.

Last edited:
I've had seizures since I was 2 years old and I've worked extensively with PEAs (the 2c- series among others). The Body Temor effect isn't a prelude to a seizure and it is often localized to a specific region of the body. Sometimes my legs will shiver like I'm cold, but I generally find these effects pleasurable. Seizures begin in your brain and affect your whole nervous system and for most people they don't remember what just happened to them and are certainly not cognizant during the experience. Don't worry about seizures but do be cautious about the vasoconstriction issues that can be very dangerous with DOx compounds and NBOMes, with Phenethylamines proper (MDMA, 2c-p, mescaline, etc) you ought to be fine, but if your body feelings are uncomfortable or feel dangerous do less next time and if you still have this problem, perhaps consider compound x isn't the best tool for you to use. Although I don't really have the time to explore DOC these day, when I did have the time I had to discontinue use because I get severe vasoconstriction that leaves my whole body tingly, like when your leg falls asleep, for days and it was super painful. I was cautious going into the 25c-NBOMe experience because I didn't know it if was some idiosyncratic reaction to chlorine I was having, but thankfully this doesn't seem to be the case and I find 25c quite enjoyable.

Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.

Yeah. I'm thinking of doing some combinations with tryptamines, and lowering doses. With 2c-c, it works pretty well, and when I combined doc and 4-aco-dmt, it was probably my most epic trip. Granted I was in yellowstone at the base of electric peak, so that might have played a factor, but I digress.

Thank you again.

Would it be safe to take PEA with Tramadol? I take 400mg Tramadol /day and wanted to start taking phenethylamine to help with energy. I know Tramadol has SSRI effects and I'm curious if the combo is ok.

Shulgin would always say that some of the first alerts of a convulsant and a psychedelic drug are the same, and that one of the main reasons he would titrate the dosage so slowly was to more accurately tell the difference between the two.