• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Paxil and tripping

Use the bluelight custom google search engine and look for "SSRI's LSD" or "SSRI's acid" or same with mushrooms or tripping etc.
There are many threads on the topic but they have not been reorganized into a central one.

Which is here:
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/549856-LSD-Subthread-SSRI-Interactions

Be careful... if you proceed don't try to compensate for expected dulled effects and take into account the real possibility that it will change the 'usual' nature of the trip and affect it, possibly negatively or more complicatedly.
But firstly: really do some self inquiry - if you are taking Paxil, the reason for it may mean that tripping is not the best idea for you.

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/303552-Psychedelic-Blackouts?p=12814539#post12814539

This is a link to my first LSD trip while on Paxil as you can tell it didn't go to well I've taken shrooms since being put on Paxil and they went just fine
Also I've been an avid tripper way before I was ever put on Paxil I take Paxil for extreme depression,PTSD, and sever bi polar with the Paxil and lithium carbonate all of my illnesses are under control

Last edited:
I have never taken paxil but myself and other people have tripped while on other SSRIs, including Paxil, or SSNRIs like Effexor, and had wonderful experiences that were not weakened by the drugs. I was on a low dose of prozac when I took LSD and it did not weaken or affect the psychedelic experience at all.

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/303552-Psychedelic-Blackouts?p=12814539#post12814539

This is a link to my first LSD trip while on Paxil as you can tell it didn't go to well I've taken shrooms since being put on Paxil and they went just fine
Also I've been an avid tripper way before I was ever put on Paxil I take Paxil for extreme depression,PTSD, and sever bi polar with the Paxil and lithium carbonate all of my illnesses are under control

The lithium and LSD might not be such a great combination.

That would be an understatement, lithium with LSD (or supposedly other psychedelics) seems to be terribly unsafe! >> seizure territory

@Priest: that may be true but it is fair to put it in a frame of reference and instead of only mentioning or emphasizing that it can or has been wonderful and full strength - this is a HR forum - we ought to inform people that it is not exactly reliable. Reactions vary, for some the trip is dulled, for others unchanged, for some affected negative, for others even potentiated... different things can happen, so be careful.

Thank you guys for yours answers but I've done shrooms and 25c-nbome and 25i-nbome while on lithium with no issues at all, why do y'all think lithium and psychs are such a bad idea?

I have tripped countless times on lexapro with no noticeable decrease in effects. I didn't know there was an interaction with lithium but that explains that other thread.