Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Paxil and MDMA question

swim1986

Greenlighter
Hi,

I've read quite a few posts on this topic, but SWIM's use case is slightly different. SWIM has been on 10mg of Paroxetine for premature ejaculation for around 6-months. SWIM would like to roll with friends at an upcoming party and know's he needs to discontinue use to have a proper roll.

Is 5 days an adequate amount of time to experience some effect of the roll?

Thanks

While I have had success feeling the full effects of certain drugs by discontinuing Zoloft (an SSRI drug just like paxil) 5 days prior, I cannot speak for MDMA...I would assume yes you should be okay, at the same time everyone's body is different and everyone rids drugs of they're body at a different time pace than others.

Thanks. SWIM has been off of the Paxil for 4 days now. SWIM experienced a few brain zaps the first few days, but they've largely subsided and SWIM feels back to normal now. Tomorrow is the big event. Does anyone know if SWIM should adjust the dosage for the roll tomorrow?

Just take the amount you intended, do not modify it because of any reason related to the paxil

I would honestly pass on the MDMA until you have a proper chance for it - 4 days off an SSRI just isn't enough time in my opinion, especially if you were getting brain zaps. You would most likely still have a good roll but some people can have rough hangovers.

MDMA can jostle around the serotonin system for many, and your serotonin system has already been jostled around lately with the SSRI withdrawal.