• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids PAWS from poppy seeds

Om25

Bluelighter
Hey guys, I am going to PAWS and I really feel like shit with occasional leg and feet pain. I am always down in the dumps at work. Is there any way to cheer yourself up or is there anything that can make me feel little better? I feel like I have no emotions left in me. Feels like shithouse all the time
Thanks for reading guys 😊

Hey guys, I am going to PAWS and I really feel like shit with occasional leg and feet pain. I am always down in the dumps at work. Is there any way to cheer yourself up or is there anything that can make me feel little better? I feel like I have no emotions left in me. Feels like shithouse all the time

Try some black seed oil, might help out in terms of the paws. I like the capsules but all forms work.

I went and bought some from a organic store. Let’s see how it goes.
thanks very much for the advice

I went and bought some from a organic store. Let’s see how it goes.
thanks very much for the advice

Let us know if it helps. I'm not one for hocus pocus BS, but black seed oil is clearly pharmacologically active, the effect isn't subtle (although also somewhat subtle). One of the few herbal supplement i use with any frequency. Perhaps the only really, aside from ashwagandha occasionally (not a big fan but ill take it in a pinch). Black seed oil isnt a miracle either, but its helpful. More noticeable initially but its useful stuff. Most frequently take it when im rebounding off some opioid use. It helps a little. When you first start taking it helps to a moderate degree (ie more than a little).

Taking too much isn't good either. Sort of like cannabis in that regard.

Most of its useful activity comes from the ion channel blocking effects of the main pharmacologically active component thymoquinone. There are scholarly articles coming out of the middle east (the prophet mohammed once mentioned black seeds so muslims have been trying to make more out of it than what it is) which describe it as a possible methadone substitute for opioid addicts. This is bullshit, it cannot substitute for methadone. But it does alleviate some symptoms of opioid withdrawal, perhaps like a low dose of gabapentin would. Yet its different than gabapentin. It is not habit forming. Its worth a try.

A better answer than black seed oil is physical exercise. I got off of a huge amount of methadone with the help of intense physical exercise (weight lifting). The truth is, taking one substance will rarely help an issue caused by the over consumption of another substance. Behavioral changes are the real answer. In that regard, for your PAWS I'd try physical exercise 3-5x a week to start, predominately weights if you're male, reading a book (any kind) for at least 20 min. Black seed oil 500mg-1000mg as needed.

Black seed oil did help with my anxiety. But I feel tired al the time and I work atm so I am taking dexies. That keeps me going at least and I have abundant amount of that and it’s non addictive. I am a small skinny guy so I will keep myself away from excercise. But I will let you know if it helps. Thanks for your insight mate.
cheers

I do remember when I came off of one of my largest poppy pod habits. Went CT off of10-12 large giganthemums pods rwice a day. Strong pods. Was doing that for almost 2 years. But I do remember one month later I still could not sleep more than 4 hours a night and had no energy or desire to do anything. That was after 10 days of acute strong withdrawal. It lingered for a few weeks more and was back to normal 60 days out. At 110 days out I went to Costa Rica and had the best time of my life. Things do balance out and no state lasts forever. Perserverence is what is needed. Exercise and just keep crossing days off the calendar. And have some kind of reward for yourself some weeks down. A vacation or something.

I still need to look into black seed oil. I was going to use it to taper kratom but so far I went down to half of what I was at and no real issues. And extra yawn or chill for a few days until I balance out. But I for sure will experiment when I get to a lower point or when I need it.

First off in answering this, I'm afraid I have to admit I get a rash whenever I hear somebody talk about so-called PAWS. (fuck, even the acronym just sounds ridiculous.)

They also use this meaningless term to describe the emotional state of ex-drinkers who feel serially self - deprived in abstinence (because they never managed to fundamentally change their relationship to alcohol, or the belief in the wonderful things that alcohol could do for them), where it basically amounts to nothing more than
'I feel cranky and pissed off and miserable because I cannot drink.'
Oh yeah mate.... that'll be PAWS. Some fictional everlasting metabolite of alcohol is still stored somewhere in your fatty tissues etc etc.
I've read any amount of unscientific nonsense on this subject.

OK, strictly speaking, the physiological process of ACTUAL wd begins once the accustomed level of the drug starts dropping, and ends once the drug is entirely eliminated from your system.
Whatever happens AFTER that, is your system re-adjusting.

With opiates depression is extremely common following full physical withdrawal, because you have been artificially over - saturating your receptors all this time. Your brain therefore now makes less dopamine than it would in its normal state. It takes several months at minimum, and often up to a year and a half, to re - set back to normal dopamine production. (Same goes for heavy stimulant users.)

During this period, a prescription of an anti - depressant, anxiolytic or medicinal use of cannabis has helped some people. Otherwise you'll just have to wait it out; but the thing you're experiencing right now is entirely predictable.

.. You do not suffer from some mysterious special 'syndrome'. You're suffering the effects of dopamine depletion, which will eventually correct itself. I had to contend with the exact same when I made the decision to leave physically dependent heroin use behind.
I went through a prolonged period of horribly depressed and listless / flat feelings. Trust me this WILL get better if you stick it out, but you might well consider some medication along the way.

All the best to your efforts. Just please don't make this shit more daunting and complicated for yourself than it needs to be.

Last edited:
Black seed oil did help with my anxiety. But I feel tired al the time and I work atm so I am taking dexies. That keeps me going at least and I have abundant amount of that and it’s non addictive. I am a small skinny guy so I will keep myself away from excercise. But I will let you know if it helps. Thanks for your insight mate.
cheers

Being skinny isn't a reason to avoid exercise, quite the opposite in fact. But truly, exercise helps 100 times better than anything else. So many people disregard that advice. I was on opiates for 10 years and I quit many times and felt so bad after that I always eventually relapsed. But when I finally got off for semi-good (I say semi because 5 years later I experienced a lot of grief and relapsed and sort of caught the addiction bug again), I started working out almost every day and it transformed everything. I went from a really skinny guy who was self-conscious about that, who felt shitty all the time, but especially after opiate withdrawal, to a guy in really good shape who had no cravings and felt good all the time. In fact I even started feeling good before the acute withdrawals were entirely over. I can't possibly stress enough how much difference it makes. And weights are not the only thing that helps, in fact my experience is that 30 minutes of cardio per day is the most helpful. You get endorphin and dopamine release and it produces very good feelings in your body. It's hard for a week and then you start to look forward to your daily workout.

Seriously you are doing yourself a disservice by saying that since you're skinny you'll avoid exercise. I 100% guarantee that if you start working out 3-5 times a week, before long you'll be like oh my god why didn't I do this sooner?? And you'll blast through PAWS in no time.

Yes doing some form of exercise is in fact good for EVERYONE.
It boosts your mood, immune system and metabolism and very much keeps you healthy.

I tend to have to kick myself up the metaphorical arse to get started but once I'm running or working out, I really get into it and enjoy it. And there's no need to do athlete - level amounts of it. 20 mins every other day will do the average person and still have a ton of mental and physical health benefits. Just make sure to choose a form of exercise you actively ENJOY, otherwise it becomes a chore and you'll soon get fed up with it.