View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Health Past psychosis and psychedelics

Burritoslayer45

Greenlighter
Hi yall! Soo i was wondering about the ffects it would do if i did shrooms. I do have previous psychotic episode but nothing has happened in 2 years. I blame this psychotic episode the fact that i was not sleeping or also smoking weed every night. I have done LSD previously in December of 2019 but then in july 2020 i become psychotic but then they put me on meds antipsychotics and lamotrigine. I have been on this med for almost 2 years. I want to use psychedelics to just trip and find myself. I am troubled to take some due to my history but i am very doubtful psychedelics will do anything because i have done lsd before my psychosis and then continued sith my life for another 6 months without having symptoms until stressors came in my life like my grandfather dying. Just to sum it all up i amat peace with myself and wanting to have a new psychedelic experience. Should i still try and experience this or just not do anything ? Thanks for the help if you need more info lmk. Thanks.

Hi yall! Soo i was wondering about the ffects it would do if i did shrooms. I do have previous psychotic episode but nothing has happened in 2 years. I blame this psychotic episode the fact that i was not sleeping or also smoking weed every night. I have done LSD previously in December of 2019 but then in july 2020 i become psychotic but then they put me on meds antipsychotics and lamotrigine. I have been on this med for almost 2 years. I want to use psychedelics to just trip and find myself. I am troubled to take some due to my history but i am very doubtful psychedelics will do anything because i have done lsd before my psychosis and then continued sith my life for another 6 months without having symptoms until stressors came in my life like my grandfather dying. Just to sum it all up i amat peace with myself and wanting to have a new psychedelic experience. Should i still try and experience this or just not do anything ? Thanks for the help if you need more info lmk. Thanks.
If you went into psychosis from LSD, and are on anti-psychotic drugs do not eat Psilocybin mushrooms or take any psychedelic drugs. Also do not stop taking the anti-psychotic medications without telling your doctors first.

If you went into psychosis from LSD, and are on anti-psychotic drugs do not eat Psilocybin mushrooms or take any psychedelic drugs. Also do not stop taking the anti-psychotic medications without telling your doctors first.
But i feel like the psychosis was something else and not the lsd.

I myself am not prone to psychosis, and mushrooms still wrecked my life in early adulthood. It's a general problem with psychedelics, that disaster can strike quite unpredictably, giving you a bigger mess to clean up rather than cleaning up the mess that was already there.

But what can be predicted is that it's more likely to strike when you've had previous psychotic episodes. You blame weed and sleep deprivation, but many people experience those states and do not break down mentally. It's still a red flag you should take very seriously.

If you really insist risking to become institutionalized for the rest of your life, then please stick to acid. Mushrooms can be particularly harsh, and if you've been fine before after LSD then why change the winning formula, right? But even that can't be advised because like I said, psychedelics in general have to be considered unpredictable. It's misguided even to call it a formula, let alone a winning formula, because apart from substance there's set and setting involved. It's a bit like taking a different drug each time. This makes them exciting, but also capricious, and to that extent dangerous.

Look at your mental predisposition as an asset. If it breaks down sooner than the average mind, then more subtle methods will give you better results than they give the average mind. Then there's no need for the psychedelic sledgehammer to tune into other realities. Hypnosis, meditation, breathwork, yoga,.. all those techniques that are considered a bit boring for the average joe will be relatively eventful for you, functioning as lenses to experience your life stressors through, allowing them to destabilize you in a stable fashion, paradoxically enough. Additionally, it would enable you to achieve on the natch what we around here depend on external tools for, the convenience of which can't be overstated.

If you tend to almost drown already, then what you need is diving equipment, not a bigger pool.

Last edited:
If you are currently on anti-psychotics then a psychedelic drug will not work, they block there action due to them working on similar receptors. It's a slippery slope tripping if you are prone to psychosis I've seen it tornado people's lives. Then there are people like me with bi-polar disorder that benefit greatly from these drugs, tho I have never had a psychotic episode and have tripped hundreds and hundreds of times. I'd just try coming off the anti-psychotics for awhile and see how you feel sober, than if you do try and trip take very small macro-dose and see how you react. Please be careful, I'm a big proponent of these compounds but it's just a reality that they aren't for everyone and can be dangerous to people with predispositions to mental illnesses like schizophrenia. Once that switch flips there is no going back.

@Burritoslayer45 get some walt whitman poetry or something,
find the space between moments.
do this naturally for a few years and then trip after stopping meds.