• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Passion Flower and alcohol interactions?

scorpion91

Greenlighter
Has anyone tried Mt Angel's Relaxing Passion Flower? I ordered this a few days ago, because I was switching out my supplements.
http://www.swansonvitamins.com/mt-a...laxing-passion-flower-all-natural-60-lozenges.

I had a question. How much time should I spread out, when I take Passion Flower and when I decide I would like to drink alcohol. Is there general rule of thumb about 5+ hours at least.

I haven't found much on the Net about passion flower and alcohol interactions, but a guy here said there really isn't any. But I just wanted some opinions from you all here if you take passion flower and drink

Me and my buddies bought some raw passion flower at an herb store when I was in high school. There is definitely mind altering properties to it. Its not the most fun thing in the world, and highish dosages will literally tranqualize you lol

if anything itll make you fall asleep
passion flower is pretty good i get mixed results sometimes ill feel super relaxed other times a bit of a small euphoria nothing to run home about
i usually make a standard tea bag worth of tea and its usually enough to help my anxiety levels out

I think it's because Passion flower is considered a weak MAOI, and you aren't supposed to drink with MAOI's. That being said, Passion flower has always seemed weak enough to me that I doubt drinking with it would be a probl. (I think I've actually tried doing so myself and didn't have any problems, but don't quote me on that.)