• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Passing the psychedelic threshold with edible cannabis

It's a baby!

Bluelighter
I've been smoking weed like crazy for nearly a decade now, usually over a gram a day. I still enjoy it and it makes me very content but it's not very exciting, it's really almost like a cigarette habit at this point.

Lately I've been experimenting with edibles. I make firecrackers in the oven. A solid dose is about 1.3 grams of headies for me, anything much under a gram will only give a light body buzz for me.

I really want to keep pushing though. The other night I made one with 1.6 and seemed to pass a threshold. I finally reached a point of being really stoned, having dissociative effects, anxiety (I was freaked out about my heart because it felt like there was pressure on my chest but of course there was pressure over my entire body it was just the body buzz), very vivid fast-moving and strange, sort of delirious/feverish CEVs. It was incredible, it was like the first time I've been really stoned in years.

I've heard there's another threshold to pass though, past which cannabis can have OEV effects, things look like a cartoon, and you essentially have a mild trip.

I'm curious about that level, anybody have any stories? I only hear of people reaching that point by eating pretty ridiculous amounts though, like 5 grams of hash or a quarter of mids etc.

The more you eat the more you'd prob knock. I ate 30+ cookies once and was couchlocked and hazy. No real euphoria or psychedelic type shit. But the other day I put a half O of reg and a 0.8-1g of High grade in and I got eupphoria in wavessssssssssssss. Man i was the tide. I had never been that euphoric from weed since first trying a vaporizer.

I believe if you eat about 2-3g of firecrackers you'd open up the door. Make sure it's some dank tho.

But whenever i hit anything that has high concentrations of THC in it everything gets cartoon like. My solo, when i hit wax, kief, hash, edibles etc. No OEV and no trip tho, just a slight sensory increase

Once used 8g of high grade bud in 150ml of olive oil and used that to make a tray of brownies. Shared between three people. Definitely different from just smoking. As you said, for me anyway, things looked and felt more animated and cartoon like.