View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Partially Rotten mushroom. Ok to eat?

AZ1003

Greenlighter
A mushroom bunch I harvested did not dry completely and the base of the stem began to rot. I caught it early and dried it completely. Only the base is rotten not the caps or stems. Is it safe to eat the caps/ the base?

I mean, honestly I would just break off the part that looks rotten, an inch or two extra, and call it. I'm sure the rest of the bunch should be good with the understanding that you properly dried the rest.

It's not worth it. You may very well get sick, which is not fun when you're tripping, trust me.
If it's dodgy just ditch it.

Do you mean the whole lot began to rot at the base, or just one mushroom itself? I hadn't considered that. Yeah that's sketchy if the whole bunch rotted at the base.

What do you mean by rotted? If it just turned blue, that could be bruising from the picking. Are they crunchy dry, or do they flex?

Throw it out. If the mycelium is rotten, or moldy the rest could be as well even if they do not look it.

Yep, and mold toxins ("Aflatoxins") are among the world's most hepatoxic substances.

But first and foremost you probably want to throw away the moldy 'shroom for your own peace of mind, since "I just ate some gross-ass rotten mushroom - am I getting nauseous? Did I just poison myself?" probably isn't what you want to be thinking about when you're embarking on a psychedelic trip.