• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Partial hydroxysis 4-aco-dmt into 4:2 of 4-aco-dmt:psilocin, how is this possible?

xavierglobalxavier

Greenlighter
SWIM has obtained several vials of a golden looking liquid, sent off to a lab to test, turns out they contain 4 parts 4-ACO-DMT & 2 parts Psilocin, and are suspended in grain alcohol. They have been stored for 2 months since swim got them and have slowly been changing colour (the liquid going darker) but they are still potent, in fact over the last 2 months, as the liquid has gotten darker and the onset seems to come on faster than it did before.

Does anyone know how this could have been made - Is it possible that somehow you can do a partial hydroxysis of 4-aco-dmt into psilocin and then store then?

or

Could it be that these were originally 4-aco-dmt suspended in alcohol, but some kind of Lemon Tek has been done on them, perhaps citric acid was added to the 4-aco-dmt solution, allowed to convert some of the 4-aco-dmt to Psilocin, and then PH neutralised with baking soda?

or

I've also heard that Ascorbic acid / vitamin c can turn degraded 4-aco-dmt into Psilocin, is it possible the 4-aco-dmt solution was left to age, then ascorbic acid was added?

It's a mystery but whatever this stuff is, it is amazing, it's got the benefits of Psilocin (uplifting, energy, fast onset), with the good bits of low doses of 4-aco-dmt, AND it stores for a few months.

IMG-2387.jpg

The acetyl group is probably just being slowly cleaved by ethanol.

Last edited:
Yeah, 4-AcO-DMT degrades into psilocin. I say degrades, but it's a bit of an improvement in my mind.

Yeah, 4-AcO-DMT degrades into psilocin. I say degrades, but it's a bit of an improvement in my mind.

I actually prefer pristine 4-AcO over “aged” product, feels easier to handle and more like oral DMT. Whereas aged it felt more like mushrooms obviously but me and mush don’t always jive well.

-Gc

Well hydrolysis occurs in the presence of water and heat often accelerates reactions.

-GC

If swim wanted to speed this up a bit, how could this be done?

exposure to esterase enzymes in the blood or gastric fluids of Homo sapiens will do it nicely

it was my understanding that 4-AcO-DMT is not directly active per se and needs to be deacetylated for the magic to happen