• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos paranoid about having mixed valium + morphine

shlizzz

Greenlighter
hiiii....
i took 60mg morphine sulfate + 30mg valium and i feel chill but my bf is making me paranoid telling me not to fall asleep and shit...am i gonna be ok lmfao like i’m pretty fckn tired but do i need to stay awake or would i need to have taken much higher doses to be concerned?

thankzzzz

If you're paranoid about an OD then your mental faculties are in good enough shape that you will most likely be just fine.

ODs from opioids will usually begin with falling asleep, which is probably why your bf is worried, but if you're concious enough to be worried that you're going to OD then you're probably not in the OD territory. Valium lasts quite a while though so just make sure that if you do fall asleep that he be there to watch you, just in case. But in all honesty you should be ok. And morphine has a very poor BA so that does lessen the risk significantly.

Mr. Deeds

ok, thanks so much for easing my mind haha. i figured i’m fine but just wanted to be sure!

If you're paranoid about an OD then your mental faculties are in good enough shape that you will most likely be just fine.

ODs from opioids will usually begin with falling asleep, which is probably why your bf is worried, but if you're concious enough to be worried that you're going to OD then you're probably not in the OD territory. Valium lasts quite a while though so just make sure that if you do fall asleep that he be there to watch you, just in case. But in all honesty you should be ok. And morphine has a very poor BA so that does lessen the risk significantly.

Mr. Deeds
ehm, just because it has a poor oral bio doesn't mean the risks are significantly less, i remember when 100mg used to have me in such deep nods with kpins that being struck by lightning wouldn't have bothered me, but alass those days are so long ago :/

@Zonxx I would have to disagree. I get what you are saying 100 percent, but if the OP had administered the morphine rectally or IV then the chances of ODv would be significantly higher due to how much morphine entered their system. IIRC, oral morphine has a BA of ~30 percent while rectal can close in on 70 percent and IV being 100 percent. So 60mg oral is equal to ~20mg, resulting in only 1/3 of the actual amount taken.

What you are speaking of is tolerance. Which does play a very important factor and we do not know the tolerance the OP has for opioids or benzodiazepines.

@Zonxx I would have to disagree. I get what you are saying 100 percent, but if the OP had administered the morphine rectally or IV then the chances of ODv would be significantly higher due to how much morphine entered their system. IIRC, oral morphine has a BA of ~30 percent while rectal can close in on 70 percent and IV being 100 percent. So 60mg oral is equal to ~20mg, resulting in only 1/3 of the actual amount taken.

What you are speaking of is tolerance. Which does play a very important factor and we do not know the tolerance the OP has for opioids or benzodiazepines.
really now rectal is that potent vs. oral, no kidding, still not about to shove morph up my ass buuuut, knowledge is power, i have yet to iv my morph as i haven't seen a use to do so, but yeah i see your point aswell, itd have probably been more risky in this scenario, i just wanted readers to be beware that it depends on circumstances.

Yeah in some people it can get that high, the average is around 50-60 percent though. It is still a big jump, nearly doubling the amount that is active in your system as opposed to oral administration.

I agree though, this kind of discussion is multi-faceted. Tolerance to both benzos and opioids play a role, ROA, the OPs weight, ect., it's always a good idea to view a topic like this from every angle.

Somehow I wasn't succesful with rectal morphine (actually, mine was opium). I used this method a few times and didn't really feel much different. I wasn't constipated and I dissolved the opium in about 1ml hot water then shot it up there so I don't know what went wrong. I read that if you shot it way too deep then it starts getting digested just like the oral route so I didn't do that either (I don't think that I could do it either using a 1ml insulin syringe without fisting myself).

Recently, I read about a Japanese pharmaceutical company using an additive called "chitosan" for intranasal morphine which made it about 140% of the intranasal without chitosan. Also, intranasal morphine with chitosan was found to be around 220% of the oral bioavailability. This study made me think of using chitosan in combination with rectal morphine (opium in my case) to increase the bioavailability.

I would like to know what you guys think about using this combination for intranasal and intrarectal routes @Mr.Deeds and @Zonxx.
I'm also attaching a study about the effect of chitosan on the bioavailability of intranasal morphine if you like to look at it.

Attachments

• Morphine-Chitosan Intranasal Solution.pdf
    212 KB · Views: 1