View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Paranoia on Acid Trips

Asingley

Greenlighter
Ok so I've been experimenting with LSD off and on for the past year or so and I've found that a common theme in all of my trips has been paranoia. I have had several trips where I thought people were trying to poison me which led to me avoiding consuming any food for the entire trip. I was also at one point, under the belief that some goth girl walking down the street was a "witch" with "magical powers".
What can I do to avoid paranoid thoughts and have better trips?

Set and setting, familiarity....being with people you trust....when i experienced lsd the first time i felt the knot ot something which had overcome me for years but felt better ocne i let go.....the only paranoia i can relate to is on my 3rd acid trip when i did ravity bongs....having my partner with me guiding me through that fear and paranoia really helped me overcome those feelings/sensations and see the beauty the drug had to offer. Could it be you still have demons in urself you have struggles to let go or your doing lsd for the wrong reasons?Maybe that it is a re-occuring thing? just a thought or two....

Do you smoke weed when you're tripping by any chance?

This is a good question which interests me too.

Smoking weed is a certain recipe for disaster when tripping for me. I have nothing but bad experiences with smoking weed on trips. I don't smoke weed anymore at all actually. The paranoia is unbearable. Weed just doesn't suit me at all.

To the OP, do you use any other psychedelics and do you experience paranoia with them too? I often get megalomanic with LSD, something that happens with no other psychedelic.

How many trips have you had? you say you've been experimenting for a year so a fair few i'm guessing.

I hate to go against the grain, but maybe psychs just aren't for you. It sounds like you've got some issues you need to work out first. Nobody can just magically make you un-paranoid all of a sudden.

Are you ever worried about something sober that could follow through onto your trip?
if you can pinpoint the things that are making you paranoid in the trip and notice if they have a theme (people that make you paranoid,places, or you just have a lack of trust in other people, or you are starting to think things are out to get you) and try and think what would make you feel better about that.. paying a mate back his money, staying away from different areas, sorting out family problems or just staying away from certain people/ asking them if they actually have a problem for you. Just try hard to sort it out if you don't think its drugs.. after all that if you can't find the problem..it might be psychedelics after all.. or just that one, maybe try another?

This. Weed inherently causes paranoia.

I am quite surprised to see multiple people saying this. I have always found a few bong hits can settle the stomach and take the trip to a calmer place while somehow simultaneously intensifying the visuals. I've only tripped once without smoking weed and it was by far the least enjoyable trip I've ever had(out of around 15 total.)

I find weed makes me less paranoid. But I also find that it helps my anxiety.

My bf gets paranoid on acid trips as well which is weird ... he loves psychedelics, does them often (shrooms, 2c-x, idk what else)
I find that just taking his mind off of it helps. We were once at a club, he was on acid, I was sober, he was feeling so sketchy about this one guy who was a pretty normal guy, and he just wouldn't stop talking about this guy and how "weird" he was! Hah. It was kinda annoying, but if I got him off topic then that usually helped.

I am quite surprised to see multiple people saying this. I have always found a few bong hits can settle the stomach and take the trip to a calmer place while somehow simultaneously intensifying the visuals. I've only tripped once without smoking weed and it was by far the least enjoyable trip I've ever had(out of around 15 total.)

Yeah the one time I had a bad trip I took some very strong stuff, barely did much for 5 hours... I was like what the fuck these are supposed to be the shit, had two cones and boy did I know about it. It was more my own mind that created the paranoia, not the weed, the weed just made it more apparent. Either way, that trip was wild shit. One of the greatest nights of my life when I look back. So much learned.

Paranoia in general - stop smoking weed (X), stop taking psychedelic drugs ( ) - do it and feel better, looks like stimulants or possibly MDMA are the only thing you should be taking, if anything.

^ People with anxiety issues which are too serious to handle on just weed, shouldn't really be doing stimulants don't you think?

this kinda thread really shows that psychedelics can effect anyone in anyway. ive got general anxiety disorder but LSD gives me the greatest sense of inner peace there is. i always smoke pot on acid, but pot alone can sometimes make me anxious. but LSD from the second i get that first tingle, gives me an "im home" feeling, and suddenly all my worldly worries are lifted away, and i can live life through the eyes of a child again for 8 hours or so. however, mushrooms can make me anxious, but i feel like this is connected to the bodily effects they have on me, nausea, etc.

On LSD I love smoking weed if I'm just going to be sitting around in someone's house. If we're going to a party or whatever, I don't like smoking weed because it makes me paranoid. When off LSD I smoke lots of weed all the time, never at work or school though.

^ People with anxiety issues which are too serious to handle on just weed, shouldn't really be doing stimulants don't you think?

That's a good point - stims make me anxious the same way, like just fidgetty. That fidgitiness is just because you have things to do but you're procrastinating from my deductions.

Ok so I've been experimenting with LSD off and on for the past year or so and I've found that a common theme in all of my trips has been paranoia. I have had several trips where I thought people were trying to poison me which led to me avoiding consuming any food for the entire trip. I was also at one point, under the belief that some goth girl walking down the street was a "witch" with "magical powers".
What can I do to avoid paranoid thoughts and have better trips?

You get like this on every trip and keep tripping? It seems like there's probably something you are dealing with while sober that leads to this kind of thinking. Of course, people can have bad trips without having issues to start with and the drugs just bring stuff to the surface that they would never have to deal with otherwise but still I think that this kind of paranoia is probably the result of an issue in your life of some kind

Don't ask yourself questions, especially while paranoid. The questions you ask usually have no answer, and you drive yourself nuts trying to figure out the answer so you start making up answers; i.e. "is that girl a witch?" Of course she's not, but you're going crazy trying to figure it out!

When you feel paranoia starting to come on, just let go. Go with the flow. Let the trip guide you, don't try to control it. And once again, don't ask any questions! If you see something that you feel isn't right and shouldn't be real, don't question it! Remind yourself you're on acid, and try to enjoy everything as if it were a movie.