• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

paranoia and anxiety??

cosplaypikachu

Greenlighter
Each time I've smoked (probably like 10 times in the last 3 years) it was never quite a good experience. I got immense paranoia and anxiety.

The worst time was when I was at work. Worst mistake of my life.

But even when I'm at home by myself I still have it.

I only take one or two hits sometimes even. Smoking out if a bowl

I am extremely small if that has to do anything. 5'2" and not even 100pounds

The only good thing about getting high, is the coming down from it. It seems to last me a couple days. But the highness feeling doesn't last exactly, but a feeling of calm, and happiness, and no anxiety.

it's just the couple of hours the high lasts that I'm paranoid and my anxiety levels triple

I'm wondering if the paranoia and bad feelings will never go away): I've stopped smoking with my bf and I hate it but I don't like to be around anybody when I smoke

I want to be able to go to parties where we finish a joint and I feel good and fine

Is there any way subside these awful feelings or get them to go the fuck away

Sounds like cannabis just isn't for you. The strain can play a part though, what may make one a bit paranoid and anxious may not do that to you, or what makes you feel like that may not for someone else. What are you currently smoking?

Listen up hun, it sounds like you got a bad case of the "indoor" spooks! 8(

Two secondary factors are contributing to your anxiety; 1. You are smoking in situations where you probably shouldn't be (i.e. work), 2. You are probably smoking indoor grown,high TCH weed. Most indoor is grown with a cross of indica and sativa and really never has any ruderalis. These are the three psychoactive cannabis plant species. The cannabis sativa (which is native to the american continent) is a naturally high THC cannabis (speaking delta 9 wise, it is the highest of all three). And, indoor growers tend to favor strains that grow fast and produce high yields and high THC ∆9. They have often interbred a few strains over and over to produce a monster like plant with high psychoactive properties. Why? It's a European thing... If you can find some Organic outdoor bud, most preferably grown from a seed (not of schwag, because that will make a sativa, a good one at that! :p ) from a pure indica (hard to find sometimes). But a couple popular ones that can be found with some ease are "Northern Lights" or "Afghani". Then there is the ruderalis, which you will really never see by itself, unless you live in Russia... I personally was given some organic outdoor "Tsunami Mommy" which is an auto-flower ruderalis, crossed with White Widow. Tiny little plants with big wide colas. Awesome and relaxing smoke. Was good for medicine, had high CBD content, not much THC...

Hope that helps. %)

Above is correct. High thc and low cbd is what people tend to claim makes them para/anxious. Ruderalis is low in thc and cbd but flowers automatically by age and not by how many daylight hours to dark hours it's receiving, so with selective breeding you can keep the auto gene from the ruderalis and keep the psychoactive stuff from the sativas/indicas. Sativas are the ones with high thc and low cbd which get you 'high', indicas are the ones with a fair bit of thc and a good bit of cbd, which gives you a couchlock gouched effect. I know some people who just simply can't hack it, so it's definitely not for everyone, even though it's just a plant/weed. I like both types, both have their time and place for me. I bloody love cannabis lol.

Is there any way subside these awful feelings or get them to go the fuck away

Subside?

HR tells me to tell you to just ride it out.

My actual self is telling you that no, there's really nothing you can do here short of taking other drugs to combat the negative effects of the drugs you took in the first place, which is a downward spiral I don't recommend anyone trying.

Do you have an anxiety disorder? If so, the first step would be to treat your anxiety before taking drugs that tend to amplify it.

You can get those weird feelings when you're high to go away by simply not smoking, though. It's not for everybody.

Don't smoke before work then, or when you have to be somewhere important.

Also be careful not to smoke way too much at once; but smoking very infrequently like you do does not give you a tolerance and you do smoke small amounts of herb.

I've never smoked before work even when I was into smoking daily during very infrequent times in my life.

If you get really anxious or panicky while you're sober and not on drugs at all then you probably have an anxiety or panic disorder.

Or maybe herb just isn't the drug for you? I know people who have taken all sort of drugs in moderate and large quantities like alcohol, psychedelics, downers, stimulants, disassociative drugs, and opiates; but they don't like herb because it makes them very anxious and paranoid, and it's not a fun drug for them.